Sign in to follow this  
nikki2200

Starks vs. Chicago's Run Defense

I'm pretty high on Starks this year and I want to start him this week, but last year Chicago's run D was like #2 in the league which scares me. But this year they seem to be giving up a lot of yards on the ground, which makes me want to start Starks even more.

I have no idea if any major changes or injuries happened in the offseason. Is Chicago's run D not what it used to be? Or should I be wary and the first two weeks were just the typical suckage that seems to be affecting Ds across the league?

This is a good question, the answer to which I do not know.

I think Chicago will limit GB somewhat, at least more than they have been so far, so I don't really want to choose who is going to get the numbers for GB, so I think I am going to start McCluster over Jordy in one league and McCluster over Starks in my .5 ppr 1pt per 25 return yard league. I might switch both come week's end, because it's hard to prefer a piece of KC's offense over a piece of GB's, no matter the matchup.

That said, I don't think Starks is a bad start this week. On the road against Chicago's #2 run D in the playoffs last year, he had 80 total yards and a TD.

Starting starks in one league but I'm debating Tolbert vs KC in the other.

I think I like Tolbert's upside a bit better this week.

Also I think Chicago hurts the passing offense more than the rushing.

Didn't Turner do pretty decent week 1?

I'm pretty high on Starks this year and I want to start him this week, but last year Chicago's run D was like #2 in the league which scares me. But this year they seem to be giving up a lot of yards on the ground, which makes me want to start Starks even more.

I have no idea if any major changes or injuries happened in the offseason. Is Chicago's run D not what it used to be? Or should I be wary and the first two weeks were just the typical suckage that seems to be affecting Ds across the league?

Turner posted 100 yards on the bears in week one.... I would be more worried about the offense starks plays in more. Green bay is very pass heavy

Turner posted 100 yards on the bears in week one.... I would be more worried about the offense starks plays in more. Green bay is very pass heavy

FWIW Starks plays pretty much all passing downs currently.

I have to chose between Starks and Reggie Bush (at Cleveland) this week. It's a ppr so I am leaning towards Bush but it's a tough choice. Bush had a good week one and a bad week two but the coach is saying all the right things about him getting the ball.

I think I stick with Bush this week and give Starks another week to assert himself has the man in Green Bay.

Thoughts?

That said, I don't think Starks is a bad start this week. On the road against Chicago's #2 run D in the playoffs last year, he had 80 total yards and a TD.

Good point.

Starting starks in one league but I'm debating Tolbert vs KC in the other.

I think I like Tolbert's upside a bit better this week.

Also I think Chicago hurts the passing offense more than the rushing.

Didn't Turner do pretty decent week 1?

Yea. I think turner had 100 or so yards. Right now Chicago Is toward the bottom of the list on the number of yards they've been giving up on the ground. I think it's about 250 in the past two games. But historically this isn't the case.

This is for my flex spot. My other options I'm considering are Lynch vs Arizona (lynch sucks) or possibly Scott Chandler at NE thinking NE's giving up mega yards this year and they will probably be double covering Stevie. It's a PPR league.

I want to go with Starks, but like someone said, Chicago D and Urlacher :-) may kill him. The game is in Chicago too. I don't think GB is a lock for the win.

Ugh