Sign in to follow this  
aaaa

I've been offered Dez Bryant for Darren Sproles and Deion Branch

His Dez Bryant for my Darren Sproles and Deion Branch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should I take it?

• Yes, Dez is worth it
    • No, Dez is not worth it

I've been offered Dez Bryant for Darren Sproles and Deion Branch in a 10 team, non-ppr league. I think this is close to fair value, but I'm torn on whether it benefits my team or not. Here is my roster, do you think I should take the deal or reject it? I'm currently at the bottom of my league's standings, so I'm inclined to make a deal. Does this benefit me? Thanks for your help, I will contribute to yours if you leave a link.

QB Michael Vick, Phi

RB Shonn Greene, NYJ

RB Darren Sproles, NO

RB/WR Willis McGahee, Den

WR Calvin Johnson, Det

WR Deion Branch, NE

TE Brandon Pettigrew, Det

D/ST Saints

K Nick Folk, NYJ

Bench LeGarrette Blount, TB

Bench Antonio Gates, SD

Bench Josh Freeman, TB

Bench Tim Hightower, Wsh

Bench Plaxico Burress, NYJ

Bench Stevan Ridley, NE

Bench DeMarco Murray, DAL

I've been offered Dez Bryant for Darren Sproles and Deion Branch in a 10 team, non-ppr league. I think this is close to fair value, but I'm torn on whether it benefits my team or not. Here is my roster, do you think I should take the deal or reject it? I'm currently at the bottom of my league's standings, so I'm inclined to make a deal. Does this benefit me? Thanks for your help, I will contribute to yours if you leave a link.

QB Michael Vick, Phi

RB Shonn Greene, NYJ

RB Darren Sproles, NO

RB/WR Willis McGahee, Den

WR Calvin Johnson, Det

WR Deion Branch, NE

TE Brandon Pettigrew, Det

D/ST Saints

K Nick Folk, NYJ

Bench LeGarrette Blount, TB

Bench Antonio Gates, SD

Bench Josh Freeman, TB

Bench Tim Hightower, Wsh

Bench Plaxico Burress, NYJ

Bench Stevan Ridley, NE

Bench DeMarco Murray, DAL

How do you find this fair? Dez has 41 fantasy points this year. Sproles ALONE has 64 and Branch has 46 points. You are trading 110 fantasy points for 41??? I sure wouldn't do this trade...

How do you find this fair? Dez has 41 fantasy points this year. Sproles ALONE has 64 and Branch has 46 points. You are trading 110 fantasy points for 41??? I sure wouldn't do this trade...

Well there aren't many 2:1 trades that are fair by that logic, but I see your point. My thinking is that i get a legit WR2 while giving up two guys I drafted in the 100's of my draft.

I know sproles has produced a lot this year, but his ridiculously high yds/touch has got to come down to earth, right? And I'm not sold on branch at all, he's been very famine or feast (if you call 13 pts a feast). I understand that Dez hasn't produced much, but I see him as a buy low type guy with Sproles as a sell high type.

WindycityIggy, you're beginning to talk me out of the trade. I was close to pulling the trigger today but I'm more hesitant now that one of the more respected members of the forum is against it. Can I yell at you if Dez breaks out next week, lol?

Well there aren't many 2:1 trades that are fair by that logic, but I see your point. My thinking is that i get a legit WR2 while giving up two guys I drafted in the 100's of my draft.

I know sproles has produced a lot this year, but his ridiculously high yds/touch has got to come down to earth, right? And I'm not sold on branch at all, he's been very famine or feast (if you call 13 pts a feast). I understand that Dez hasn't produced much, but I see him as a buy low type guy with Sproles as a sell high type.

WindycityIggy, you're beginning to talk me out of the trade. I was close to pulling the trigger today but I'm more hesitant now that one of the more respected members of the forum is against it. Can I yell at you if Dez breaks out next week, lol?

Please don't base all you're moves on what I say. And of course Dez is going to do well this week, his playing the LOWLY RAMS who are the worst pass defense in the NFL. I'm talking over the long run those 2 players will get you more points than Dez alone. Sproles is a Top 10 Back and he doesn't even friggin carry the ball more than 6 times a game....He gets you 100 all-purpose yards week in and week out. Don't fix what isn't broken yanno? And to be honest, I'm not sold on Branch either. He had a good year last year, but Wes is playing like a freak, and Tom loves his tight ends. I like Dez, he's a great athlete and he makes plays, he also has Tony Romo as his QB and a healthy Austin back. It's a tough call man, best of luck on whatever you decide!

I'd take that trade in a heartbeat! I know Dez is banged up and all, but I'll always go with the talent. I'm a Deion Branch owner, and he's either a hit or miss (I can't trust him). Sproles will give you consistent numbers and all, but FF is all about taking risks to win, and Dez Bryant is a risk I'd go with.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=393010

Thanks guys. Based on this thread and another, I'm starting to lean towards accepting it. I really think Sproles' production will come down, and Branch is too erratic. Calvin and Dez would start every week for the rest of the season (except week 11), making lineup and waiver decisions simpler.

If you think this is a bad trade, talk me out of it!