Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Kevin Smtih

I believe that MoMo has a very good game this week. Carolina gives up the 2nd most fantasy points against the run in the league and Stafford is a little dinged up.

Smith got some reps last week after the game was out of hand and I don't believe that he is in enough game shape to take on any significant reps at this point. Remember, he was non-tendered last March by the Lions and instead of inviting him to camp, they grabbed Keiland Williams off of waivers.

I believe that MoMo has a very good game this week. Carolina gives up the 2nd most fantasy points against the run in the league and Stafford is a little dinged up.

Smith got some reps last week after the game was out of hand and I don't believe that he is in enough game shape to take on any significant reps at this point. Remember, he was non-tendered last March by the Lions and instead of inviting him to camp, they grabbed Keiland Williams off of waivers.

I have a feeling Smith may be more of a factor than most realize. He has kept in very good shape and is healthy. Last weeks reps and practise will help him get in game shape.

Morris has always been considered a reliable backup while Smith was considered a primary back that injuries turned Detroit in other directions. I think Detroit was suprised to see his effectiveness during the workout and may figure he could be the primary if Best does not return. It would be better to have a young back do the heavy lifting and revert to the older reliable backup if needed than the other way around.

This is mere speculation on my part but I have a hunch Smith will be the primary within a few weeks if Best is done. I say they split carries this week. Just a hunch though and could be way off. I would like to hear from lion fans that should have a better feel for the situation.