Sign in to follow this  
NPNG

How much stock do you put in Revis Island?

Our league championship is week 16 and I have H. Nicks, who will be playing the Jets that weekend. Now I know it is a bit presumptuous to think I will be in the finals, but I have clinched a first round bye and I know I will be playing week 16, either the championship or the 3rd place game. Is it wise to go out and look for equal value for Nicks (which is going to be hard because he either hasn't played or accumulated much for stats recently) or just ride him?

I think it depends on the situation.

most times, Revis covers the other teams #1 WR. but in cases where it isnt fully clear cut, he will move around. Maybe they'd use him to cover one guy, and double cover a second guy. I have noticed that the #3 WR against the Jets sometimes puts up better numbers against this defense than the #1 and #2.

This, I think is the case in New York. Overall the jets are a pretty good Defense anyhow, so I would still expect subpar numbers from Nicks but I dont know if I would expect him to be unstartable.

I'd guess 50-60 yards and maybe a TD

Truth be told, I'd put alot of stock into Revis Island...especially against the G-men. If you have a very good #2 wr and #3 wr, I "might" consider benching Nicks. If not, you got pretty much no choice but to start him.

Revis is good enough to shut down anyone.. I cant see Nicks getting more than 40 yards and no TD, theyll definitely look elsewhere in the redzone