Sign in to follow this  
djdredd

Lineup Help!

So here is the deal:

I need help deciding on mainly WR's for this week.

Here is my current lineup:

Vick

AP

Mendy

Fitz

Colston

Gronk

Novak

Jets

on my bench:

Jordy Nelson

Vjax

Beanie

CJ Spiller

Sproles

My question is, do you like Jordy (will Pack rest players if 49'ers lose tomorrow?) or Vjax (groin) better? I could also bench Mendy and add another WR as flex but Mendy's matchup is so good this week and Ben is out. I really want to have a player (Colston or Sproles) in the Monday night game because I think it is going to be a shootout. My opponent this week:

Romo

Blount

M. Bush

Dez Bryant

Julio Jones

Finley

Crosby

Ravens

Thanks for any insight. I will answer yours.

I'm a little bit confused. Is your question whether to start Jordy or VJax over one of your current two starting receivers? Or is it just a hypothetical who's better? So I guess I'll answer both.

In terms of who's better, I like VJax over Jordy if VJax can play. I like San Diego's matchup against the Lions, who haven't really stopped anyone the past few weeks. I think Philip Rivers will target Jackson and he'll come up with some decent (but not great) production. But really, I like Jackson not because he's a tremendous option this week. I just think Jordy will have a poor week.

The Bears have a pretty good defense, and the Packers may not have much to play for. Even if Rodgers and Jordy play for the entire game, you saw what happened last week with Greg Jennings out. The defense focused their attention on Nelson and the GB receivers didn't do much. The Bears defense is similar to the Kansas City D. They are physical, they can rush the passer, and they are can cover receivers. The important thing, though, is that both KC and the Bears weakness is that they can't defend tight ends. Rodgers will look to exploit this, so like last week, you should see him target Jermichael Finley a lot and he should have a big game.

As to whether you should start Jordy or VJax over what you currently have. I say no. I agree that Colston is a good start because NO vs. ATL could be high-scoring. You need to start Fitz because it's Fitz, and neither Jackson or Jordy will top him.

Mendenhall has too good of a matchup to pass on. And with Roethlisberger out, Mendenhall will get a ton of carries and a ton of points.

My last piece of advice: don't start Sproles. I know he's been good, but Atlanta is good against the run, and if you check out what happened last time New Orleans played Atlanta, Sproles had 2 carries for 1 yard and 4 catches for 2 yards. I think Atlanta will focus on stopping Sproles just like the did last time. I wouldn't start him.

tl;dr - Keep your current lineup

Help out with mine?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398337

EDIT: I see you already posted in mine. Thanks for the help. Good luck!

Reports on VJax have been seeming to go back and forth which is a shame. this injury is scaring me tho. Rivers usually tries to bomb it to vjax at least two or three times a game so if he connects on just one it can be a decent day.

All that being said personally I would want to play VJax but I would see how your match is going before second set of games starts and Nelson may be the safer play if you are winning at that point but if you are falling behind I think VJax

has more upside in what should be a shoot out

Nice team by the way. Good luck thanks for answering mine

So here is the deal:

I need help deciding on mainly WR's for this week.

Here is my current lineup:

Vick

AP

Mendy

Fitz

Colston

Gronk

Novak

Jets

on my bench:

Jordy Nelson

Vjax

Beanie

CJ Spiller

Sproles

My question is, do you like Jordy (will Pack rest players if 49'ers lose tomorrow?) or Vjax (groin) better? I could also bench Mendy and add another WR as flex but Mendy's matchup is so good this week and Ben is out. I really want to have a player (Colston or Sproles) in the Monday night game because I think it is going to be a shootout. My opponent this week:

Romo

Blount

M. Bush

Dez Bryant

Julio Jones

Finley

Crosby

Ravens

Thanks for any insight. I will answer yours.

I like V Jax if he is ready to go. otherwise, stick with what you have. Shoot out Monday should be good for Colston. Good luck, and thanks for answering mine.

As others have said I would go with original lineup. VJax is too much of a risk at this point in my opinion. That would scare me off from him. The other option could be Spiller if he is listed as a WR in your league as you know he will get guaranteed touches but I heard bad weather earlier in the week. So if he is a WR in your league then go there, otherwise stay put.

Please help me:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398361