Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Evan Royster.....

I always watch the last couple of weeks of the season with an eye towards those next season gems. Always on the search for that next Arian. Royster has really stuck out there like a sore thumb when finally given opportunity.

The kid looks exceptionally elusive, and was literally all over the field today. Catches the ball cleanly out of the backfield (Skins leading receiver today with 5/52). He went 19/132 rushing last week and 20/113 today. These performances weren't against TB and Carolina either......Minny and Philly.

Now, I am not saying that Royster is the next Foster. He might be a scrub. We know about friggin' Shanahan, and Helu has been very productive when healthy also. I would, however, love to get some insight and discussion from others who may know more than I.

I would be excited but Shanahan is unpredictable and unconventional as we know. Also, Helu is there. And Shanahan talked about bringing back Hightower. If he were on almost any other team I would be excited. But he's someone to keep an eye on.

I always watch the last couple of weeks of the season with an eye towards those next season gems. Always on the search for that next Arian. Royster has really stuck out there like a sore thumb when finally given opportunity.

The kid looks exceptionally elusive, and was literally all over the field today. Catches the ball cleanly out of the backfield (Skins leading receiver today with 5/52). He went 19/132 rushing last week and 20/113 today. These performances weren't against TB and Carolina either......Minny and Philly.

Now, I am not saying that Royster is the next Foster. He might be a scrub. We know about friggin' Shanahan, and Helu has been very productive when healthy also. I would, however, love to get some insight and discussion from others who may know more than I.

Minnesota and Philly still have horrid run defense. He looked solid but there are too many backs on that team and they drafted Helu high for a reason. At best if Royster has the skill to be an every down back it will be a 40/40/20 split between Royster, Helu, Hightower. Injuries on the other hand can make one of them valuable.