Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

Willing to start and Commish new FFToday Dynasty

This league is too RB heavy.

I get 1000pts if my RB runs for a 100 yds in a game.

My first 12 picks will be runningbacks

:doublethumbsup:

So, after 3 Contract years, a player goes back into the draft pool.

What if I trade for a player at the end of his 3 years? does he renew for 3 more years on my team, or does he still go back into the pool?

So, after 3 Contract years, a player goes back into the draft pool.

Not likely. More likely you will trade away that player before his Contract is 'UP'.

The player(s) you receive in return begins a new Contract with you at Year 1.

'Contracts' have no numerical or meaningful limiting value - it's just there to encourage trades over time.

[quote name='coryjagfan28' date='21 April 2012 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1335048174' post='4738015'

Does he renew for 3 more years on my team, or does he still go back into the pool?

The only way a player ever goes back into the Pool without you dropping him voluntarily, is for you to keep him/play him for three seasons, and in the subsequent off-season, you fail to trade him away.

That would be foolish.

gotcha. and not to be the @hole,

but its said in the bylaws that the 3 week "no trade back" rule doesnt apply during the offseason.

so, if Rodgers is at the end of his three years, and gets traded to me, then gets traded back to his original owner, for another 3 years?

I wouldnt do it. I would just rather have the loopholes closed before the issues arise

but its said in the bylaws that the 3 week "no trade back" rule doesnt apply during the offseason.

so, if Rodgers is at the end of his three years, and gets traded to me, then gets traded back to his original owner, for another 3 years?

I wouldnt do it. I would just rather have the loopholes closed before the issues arise

Interesting. Now sure, Aaron would still have three contract years on the original roster. As such, that trade would not get approved by the Commish.

However, I will add this clause into the by-laws.

Nice catch.