Sign in to follow this  
notJames

Remainder of the Season Rankings?

My league is looking into using composite rankings from several websites to help in evaluating player trades, and we're trying to find websites that offer "remainder of the season" rankings. Not the weekly rankings that omit players that are on a bye or injured, but rankings that evaluate player value even if the player is not active in a particular week. And we're looking for overall rankings, not positional rankings.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Please also specify if your suggestions are pay or free sites. Thanks again.

We had this last year, updated weekly, and will do so again this year.

Rest of the Way Rankings

Awesome. This is why I like using this site. :)

Do you have any other suggestions? We'd like to get a composite of at least three sites so that we can get a more broad sense of a player's overall value.

We had this last year, updated weekly, and will do so again this year.

Rest of the Way Rankings

Do you do overall rankings instead of positional as well? That's really more of what we need, especially when we're evaluating trades between players at different positions.

Just by position, but I would suggest using the tiers more as a guide than the ranking numbers, and that should help. Tier 1 QB = Tier 1 RB = Tier 1 WR? That's for you guys to decide based on your league rules, but I think even with the position rankings, and the tiers, it should be fairly obvious if a trade is really lopsided.

The tiered ranking actually makes sense rather than purely by numbers. Thanks.

Let me ask you... how do you come up with these rankings? Is it just one guy, or do you do a composite of experts? If it's the latter, is it just guys at your site, or do you consult other rankings?

What is there to evaluate? All trades should be accepted unless there is collusion.

Agreed, but I have heard of this kind of system in noob leagues

The tiered ranking actually makes sense rather than purely by numbers. Thanks.

Let me ask you... how do you come up with these rankings? Is it just one guy, or do you do a composite of experts? If it's the latter, is it just guys at your site, or do you consult other rankings?

Mike Krueger does the rankings. He doesn't consult any other rankings, but rather makes his own judgments based on news, research and watching the games.