Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Calvin for J. Graham/Gronk

I wanted to run something by you guys in a keeper league that I am participating in. We are allowed to keep 2 keepers per season, giving up a draft pick 1 round higher than the previous years draft. I am keeping Stafford for a 9th, and I can pair him with Calvin. My only dilemma is that I would be giving up the 4th overall pick, which isn't far off where Calvin is being drafted this year, but if I could move him for Graham (giving up an 8th) or Gronk (giving up a 9th) is that something that some of you would consider. I feel like the Graham owner is probably interested because he will be keeping Rodgers so his 1st will already be forfeited, so he will actually be giving up a 2nd for Calvin which is a steal. Or I could possibly just trade him for someone else's 1st and only keep Stafford but add the extra 1st.

Absolutely, I'd do it. Its nice to have Calvin but if you could get Graham or Gronk that late then your cheating. I'd do Graham personally but I'm not sure anyone would do that since those 2 TE's are at a premium

To tag on to my original email....

Is there some other players that jump out at you that would have been drafted really late last season, that would be steals in this format? The more I think about it, the more it scares me to use No. 4 overall on Calvin and then wait another 14 picks or so picks to get some scrap running back. I feel like at 4 overall I could possibly still land McCoy or CJ2k

Cam and Cruz are likely good values, but why would anyone trade them with the value.

It just depends on how your league drafted last year.

Cam and Cruz are likely good values, but why would anyone trade them with the value.

It just depends on how your league drafted last year.

I get what your saying, but I think some people would take the guarantee of Calvin in the 1st over the value of a 1 timer like Cruz.

i'm also keeping Stafford (9th) and Gronk (11th) as well. My only issue is having the 12th overall pick and possibly not getting a top RB.

Other semi-late picks from last years draft in this format that could be potential keepers:

Murray

Cruz

Nelson

Julio Jones

Newton

D.Thomas

LeShoure

R.Bush

Sproles

Steve Smith

Count one more to the Stafford Graham keeper club. Stafford in the 11th and Graham in the 18th. I also have a choice of Cruz in the 16th but assuring myself a top tier QB and Graham is what got me the championship last year. I will need to find that RB that drops a bit like MJD dropped to the second round last year. I actually picked up Stafford off of ww and kept him on my roster for most of 2010 knowing I would be able to keep him for a 12th rounder in 2011. I had such a great feeling about him then and got lucky it didn't blow up in my face, kind of like grabbing VJax off of the ww in 2010 and keeping him all year and then in 2011 he is a huge disappointment.

I would definitely make that deal. If I were the Gronk/Graham owner I wouldn't make that deal but there are more than enough people out there who would go either way.

I wanted to run something by you guys in a keeper league that I am participating in. We are allowed to keep 2 keepers per season, giving up a draft pick 1 round higher than the previous years draft. I am keeping Stafford for a 9th, and I can pair him with Calvin. My only dilemma is that I would be giving up the 4th overall pick, which isn't far off where Calvin is being drafted this year, but if I could move him for Graham (giving up an 8th) or Gronk (giving up a 9th) is that something that some of you would consider. I feel like the Graham owner is probably interested because he will be keeping Rodgers so his 1st will already be forfeited, so he will actually be giving up a 2nd for Calvin which is a steal. Or I could possibly just trade him for someone else's 1st and only keep Stafford but add the extra 1st.

Get Graham.

Get Graham.

Done!!!!

I get to keep Graham for an 8th and Stafford for a 10th.

We made the gentlemans agreement that should either get hurt until draft night the trade will not finalize. I am pretty stoked to start my team with those 2 guys and still pick 4th overall. Thanks for the advice.