Sign in to follow this  
JOHN 316

Overall Rankings / Custom Baseline

Hi Guys. This is my 1st time using DB. In the past, I visited multiple sites and averaged out the rankings. After 10 years, I'm tired of being left out of the playoffs and so I invested in DB this year. I'm not using any other sites for the projections, so I'm relying 100% on FFToday figures. I'm trying to eliminate my past behaviours of flying by the seat of my pants - but I'm also having some anxiety of relying 100% on the final compilations to make my selections.

My question is: what method have you had the most success using? Compiler Draft Pick Recommended or Median Player Drafted? or other ?

If using a custom baseline, what figures have given you the most success in the past?

I play in a 10 man league, PPR. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1DEF

If you're not willing to give out your secrets to success for all to see, you can send me a pm @ john316beuk@yahoo.com

My draft is Saturday night. Any insights would be appreciated.

I've used the program for a few years now. I've won leagues...and I've missed the playoffs in leagues. DB can save you from drafting somebody that gets injured and, like all sites, the rankings are based on a particular point of view.

What I like the best about it is the easy ability to see the tiers of players. If I see several people in a tier I'm targeting, I am more comfortable shifting my draft strategy to fill another need as I assume one may still be there when it gets back to me. The summary tab is good to peek at during the middle rounds, as you can easily see how many players each of the other teams have drafted at a given position...again, helping you think ahead.

I look at the overall tab quite a bit early in the draft to see the value positioning...but you can't get too hung up on it.

I've also liked it for auction purposes.

Enjoy...and good luck!

Depending on my needs, I have tried a calibration type set-up in the past. Look for a mid level (rounds 4-5) player at each position that you are very confident in where you feel they should be drafted. (example: Michael Vick @ #45) Then customize the baseline figures until that player is ranked where you want them to be on the overall rankings. Do this for each position, and let Draft buddy plot out the rest. If you've set up the rules and scoring tabs accurately, your compiler should produce good rankings.

Good feedback here guys. Of course I usually "recommend" the Compiler Draft Pick Recommended (hence the name) for most leagues that start 1 QB. You should know this method is Median Drafted plus some baseline adjustments already built in at each position. RB = 1.15, QB = 0.85, WR = 0.92, TE = 0.7, K and DEF downgraded significantly, but I still prefer to exclude them from overall rankings regardless.

Good feedback here guys. Of course I usually "recommend" the Compiler Draft Pick Recommended (hence the name) for most leagues that start 1 QB. You should know this method is Median Drafted plus some baseline adjustments already built in at each position. RB = 1.15, QB = 0.85, WR = 0.92, TE = 0.7, K and DEF downgraded significantly, but I still prefer to exclude them from overall rankings regardless.

So do I need to adjust the baseline factor to the above figures if using the "compiler draft pick recommended" or is it built into it? If built-in, what do I have at each position ?

The numbers I've mentioned are built in. For most leagues, I use Compiler Recommended and do no further adjustment to the baselines (keep them all at 1.0 on the options tab). But, the options are there if someone wants to tinker with it and have more control.

The numbers I've mentioned are built in. For most leagues, I use Compiler Recommended and do no further adjustment to the baselines (keep them all at 1.0 on the options tab). But, the options are there if someone wants to tinker with it and have more control.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY. I leave in 1 hour and with no internet connection at the draft, I was hoping to hear back from you soon.