Sign in to follow this  
clarkevii

GB Slot Reciever

Does anyone know who is going to be the 3rd receiver for the Packers? It seemed like last year it was Driver and Jones. Driver looks like he is on the way out. Does that lead to more targets and receptions for James Jones? Or is Randall Cobb the man to own.

Jones and Cobb ADPs are very low. Any GB homers want to weigh in on this?

Not a GB homer, but Cobb has been getting all sorts of run for his play this summer and should end up being used out of the slot as the season progresses...Word is that the coaches are actively looking for ways to get the ball in this kids hands...

It looks like Jones & Cobb are going to be switched in and out from what I have gathered but I could be wrong. Cobb is on a lot of people's lists to draft, and if everyone knows it, someone will likely take him a round or two early.

I prefer Cobb. He has lots of potential to break out. You just never know, especially with Jennings having a concussion.

It's Cobb without a doubt! You are about to witness the next elite GB WR... He is a huge mismatch speed wise for any defense. Expect to see several short passes taken to the house by this kid!

Not a GB homer but I've kept my eye on the situation closely since I have both Nelson and Cobb in a dynasty league. I'm rather optimistic they'll give the job to Cobb outright this year. The man is electric. It seems he's having a great camp while Driver seems to have gotten old. Three potential problems: 1) Jones is still in the picture and he's got some skills. 2) they really like to use Cobb on special teams. 3) the biggest potential downside is he fumbles too frequently - 3 last year, another this preseason. Coaches get p*ssed off about this sort of thing.

Thanks for sharing info. Cobb can be had so cheap. He could be a great stash in the 14th round. Add to all of this, Jennings is having concussion problems.

On rotoworld Jones is listed as the 3 and Cobb the 4. Keep us posted GB homers.

As a Packer fan, I would agree that Cobb is the man to watch there. He hasn't helped himself with his fumbles, but, unless he can't get a handle on that, he's too much of a threat for them NOT to have on the field more often.

Edited by ping