Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Chris Johnson

Locker is green, no doubt about it. Some defensive coordinators will make him look really bad this year. But I love this kids NFL upside. Fantasy? Well, he lands pretty easily outside the top 14 or 15 (Fitzpatrick is a sleeper BTW), but I really like what he brings to the table for Tennessee. I think he CAN find receivers down field and CAN burn some teams to point of CJ getting more room.

There are just going to be some matchups (Pitts?) where he gets picked and Tennessee gets down by a couple of TD's that CJ becomes useless. Munchak is not one to chuck a gameplan too early, but double digits in the second half and Johnson is watching a lot.

I've got the 7th pick in my draft and I am tempted to take a chance on him, but at the end of the day, I'll probably end up passing. Too many ?'s at this point to use a high pick on him IMO.

I feel the same. I avoided him in my first draft this year picking 7th (got Mathews instead - draft was last week in June). Kept him as a keeper in my other league (most other good RBs were already kept and Cara convinced me of his rebound chances). I've got one more draft picking 9th in a ten teamer and I've got Brady or Graham when CJ is the best available RB at that point. I just don't believe he's ever going to be 2K again. Serviceable rb2? Sure - he's certainly got the talent and the role in TEN to be serviceable - but I think his RB1 days are past. Since I kept him I hope he proves me wrong though...

So does that mean we move Mcfadden, Murray ahead of him? I'm hoping to get a high draft pick because the low end of the draft is littered with question marks. I've dont alot of mocks and with the exception of Aarron Rodgers I think you need to go RB/RB or your gonna have alot of question marks in your starting backfield. I dont mind having a Steven Jackson/Fred Jackson type but I want them as my #2 Runningback.