Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

DeCastro knee injury

MCL torn, knee cap dislocated, partial damage to the patella tendon. My guess is he's done for the year despite the ACL being ok. Combined with Mike Adams being a grade school turnstile, the strength of the Steelers' draft won't be realized till 2013 at the earliest

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8304333/sources-pittsburgh-steelers-guard-david-decastro-torn-mcl-acl-intact

It's a tough break for Pittsburgh. I was a big fan about what they did in their draft and I felt really tied into this Pittsburgh draft class even though I'm a Lions fan.

The O-Linemen were slipping in the first round of the draft and I was hoping the Lions would take one. Needless to say, I was thrilled they took Reiley but DeCastro was getting better reviews from the eggspurt talking heads. Pittsburgh then took DeCastro with that next pick.

Come the second round, the same thing, O-linemen were falling, I wanted the Lions to jump back into that well again. I wanted Konz. Instead they went for Broyles at WR and the next two picks were Konz to Atlanta and Adams to Pittsburgh. I wasn't happy with that pick at the time. Hoping Broyles proves me wrong.

So the Steelers did what I wanted the Lions to do and what they got for their effort was a blown out knee and a bust.

MCL torn, knee cap dislocated, partial damage to the patella tendon. My guess is he's done for the year despite the ACL being ok. Combined with Mike Adams being a grade school turnstile, the strength of the Steelers' draft won't be realized till 2013 at the earliest

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8304333/sources-pittsburgh-steelers-guard-david-decastro-torn-mcl-acl-intact

Adams will be fine...he was judged on his first game vs. a good D....Starks deserves the start this season...he is solid.

Since when do drafts get rated after 1 year anyway? Waaaaay too early to grade a draft.

They should shut him down and surgically repair it immediately and he will be good as new next year.

It's a tough break for Pittsburgh. I was a big fan about what they did in their draft and I felt really tied into this Pittsburgh draft class even though I'm a Lions fan.

The O-Linemen were slipping in the first round of the draft and I was hoping the Lions would take one. Needless to say, I was thrilled they took Reiley but DeCastro was getting better reviews from the eggspurt talking heads. Pittsburgh then took DeCastro with that next pick.

Come the second round, the same thing, O-linemen were falling, I wanted the Lions to jump back into that well again. I wanted Konz. Instead they went for Broyles at WR and the next two picks were Konz to Atlanta and Adams to Pittsburgh. I wasn't happy with that pick at the time. Hoping Broyles proves me wrong.

So the Steelers did what I wanted the Lions to do and what they got for their effort was a blown out knee and a bust.

LOL...Adams is a bust already after 2 quarters of play as starter......oh brother. He is getting replaced by the best LT Steelers have had since Marvel Smith

LOL...Adams is a bust already after 2 quarters of play as starter......oh brother. He is getting replaced by the best LT Steelers have had since Marvel Smith

Adams is a bust after a career as a college bust and a preseason of bust-like play. He sucks. He sucks. He sucks. Sorry.

Adams is a bust after a career as a college bust and a preseason of bust-like play. He sucks. He sucks. He sucks. Sorry.

if he didn't smoke dope he would have been first rounder...you do know that right/

if he didn't smoke dope he would have been first rounder...you do know that right/

Take my word, not as a Steeler hater, but as a huge OSU homer that he was a semi failure at OSU compared to what was expected of him. The knock on him was that he was too soft mentally. I've seen nothing to dispel that view so far. Maybe he'll end up being a serviceable starter for a while, but not the cornerstone you guys were hoping for.

Take my word, not as a Steeler hater, but as a huge OSU homer that he was a semi failure at OSU compared to what was expected of him. The knock on him was that he was too soft mentally. I've seen nothing to dispel that view so far. Maybe he'll end up being a serviceable starter for a while, but not the cornerstone you guys were hoping for.

Semi failure going first round until he smoked a dube? He looked great playing the 2nd half this week....vs backups but still.

Like I said I have always been a huge Starks fan since he moved to LT