Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Jermaine Gresham Breakout?

He was drafted #21st overall, round 1. (Ahead of Gronk) He is likely going to be the second receiving option on his team and a great redzone threat....on a team with a new goal line running back. Dalton should be improved in his second year.

Year 1: 52-471-4

Year 2: 56-596-6

Year 3:

70-770-8 ??

Thoughts on him as a possible breakout?

The biggest thing they need to do is get the ball downfield to him a bit more.

Lots of TE sleeper this year but if you had to bet on 1 guy who would it be?

I like Jared Cook a lot this year. With Locker as starting QB, Cook had a couple of big games last year. Locker will perhaps struggle a little bit early, but Cook makes a great security blanket because he is huge and can go up and get it.

Gresham is probably a safer, but lower ceiling choice.

I like Jared Cook a lot this year. With Locker as starting QB, Cook had a couple of big games last year. Locker will perhaps struggle a little bit early, but Cook makes a great security blanket because he is huge and can go up and get it.

Gresham is probably a safer, but lower ceiling choice.

I agree with the Boom/Bust side of Cook. I'm not sure how many snaps he currently sees, or his role in the red zone, but I think he will have some big receiving games.

FWIW, his big 3 end of the season stretch came with Hassle qbing.

Locker's rookieness adds some risk to the situation imo.

If I don't go with Graham early I might draft Gresham in the late middle-rds. He is the clear cut #2 receiving option in Cincy. However, Dalton's struggles worry me. If Tamme and Gresham are both available I will go for Tamme.

I also prefer Cook. Locker looks his way very often, as does Dalton to Gresham. I'm just not really sold on Dalton and has looked pretty Vanilla this preseason. I've skipped AJ in all my drafts as well because of Dalton. I hate for him to become Desean Jackson (2 for 98 and A TD). As much as I like Green and Gresham, I'm not totally sold on Dalton.

Heard a crazy stat the other day.

Gresham had more receptions and tds than AJ Green second half last year.

Depends on how you define "second half" but last 8 games look something like Green 32 catches, 2 TD's; Gresham 31-3.

Heard a crazy stat the other day.

Gresham had more receptions and tds than AJ Green second half last year.

He did. Does this say more about Gresham being good, or Green being maybe not as good as advertised?

He did. Does this say more about Gresham being good, or Green being maybe not as good as advertised?

I think it speaks to Green being able to be doubled b/c of lack of surrounding talent.