Sign in to follow this  
BUCKEYES

Starting two tight ends from the same team?

I have Gronkowski as a keeper and was curious to how crazy it would be to think about targeting Hernandez as well? Maybe I have had a couple too many cold ones this evening, but what are your thoughts? I could start one of them as a wide receiver and I am thinking maybe that is not too crazy of an idea. I could keep him from gettiing on another roster, but I guess it would depend on where I could get him. I am the 1st pick so only chance I would have is with the 1st pick in the 3rd. But with the receiver pool as deep as it is, it may be something to consider.

Let's hear it. Go ahead and tell me I'm nutz!

With the way the NE offense works, I don't think it's any different than starting 2 WRs from the same team, or a WR & TE from the same team.

But in 99% of cases, the answer is HELL NO.

New England is the only case where two TE's can have fantasy relevance in almost any game. Both Gronk & Hernandez are both very talented, but Gronk will line up as a blocker with Hernandez split out wide typically. This gives Brady many different plays to incorporate them both in the same game & produce solid #'s.

I think Indy might be able to do this down the road with their two rookies in Fleener & Allen.

I have to agree New England is the ONLY situation where this should be considered, but early 3rd round may have better receiving options than taking this kind of risk.

This is probably the first time this question was asked in the history of fantasy football. And I was here to read it. :music_guitarred:

Good bless NE's love of TE's. Hope it spreads.