Sign in to follow this  
ouradu

Mendenhall Help

I can grab Mendenhall and stick him in our league's IR spot. If I do, I could have him available week 9 but can't put anyone else there until week 9. I have only doug martin and jacquizz rodgers on my bench for RBs with no decent free agents available. I'm worried about my depth.

Will he even be to the level of RB4 come week 9, or is he a total waste this year?

I can grab Mendenhall and stick him in our league's IR spot. If I do, I could have him available week 9 but can't put anyone else there until week 9. I have only doug martin and jacquizz rodgers on my bench for RBs with no decent free agents available. I'm worried about my depth.

Will he even be to the level of RB4 come week 9, or is he a total waste this year?

I think that if you are worried about your running back depth, then this is a good move since championships are won in weeks 9-16. Latest I have read, the Steelers plan to slowly work him in through weeks 4-8, then give him more work as the season progresses just in time for you to activate him in week 9. Also, if your running back depth turns out not to be an issue, you can use him as trade bait to upgrade another area of need. If you have 2 running backs better than doug martin in your starting lineup, I wouldn't be overly concerned about your running back depth.