Sign in to follow this  
Tacks

Aaron Hernandez

The Patriots practiced for the first time today as a 53-man unit, and they were out in full pads to get ready for the season opener against the Titans.

Right tackle Sebastian Vollmer and defensive tackle Kyle Love returned after missing Friday’s session. However, tight end Aaron Hernandez departed early during the media portion, which consisted of stretching and the start of positional drills.

Safety Patrick Chung was in a red non-contact jersey.

Running back Shane Vereen (three straight absences), running back Danny Woodhead (first absence), safety Steve Gregory (first absence) and tight end Visanthe Shiancoe (19 straight absences) did not participate. Offensive lineman Nick McDonald participated in the running portion, but he was in sweats.

Anyone have any info on this? I have to think if it was an injury, it would be all over. Maybe some personal stuff????

I'm hoping no injury. I have to think if it was, we would have heard by now. Never know with Belichick.

I would not worry. From Shalise Manza Young(beat writer for Boston Globe):

TE Aaron Hernandez was out there, but as media were readying to walk onto the field, he walked down the stairs, back toward the locker room. He was not with a member of the training/medical staff.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/09/patriots_practi_21.html