Sign in to follow this  
SpaceMonky

TRADE DECISION

Would you make this Trade.

Just got offered Mike Wallace and Coby Fleener for Fred Davis and Torrey Smith

Here's my team

QB's= A.Rodgers, A.Luck, WR's= P.Harvin, A.Green, G.Little, T.Smith, S.Holmes, RB's= M.Jones-Drew, R.Bush, B.Wells, F.Jones, L.Blount, TE's=F.Davis, J.Taame,K=Bryant, Def= Steelers

Some may disagree, but I wouldn't do it myself.

Obviously Wallace has proven he can put up the numbers, but the fact that he held out is concerning, as players who hold out have a history of underperforming, and from what I recall, the major exceptions in recent history were apparently Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice. The reason I suspect Wallace could be different from them is that he has a new offensive coordinator, although perhaps the fact that his QB has not changed will make the difference.

Even so, there is reason to be high on Torrey Smith, and I don't think it would surprise a lot of people if he ends up putting up Mike Wallace numbers this year. His coach is talking him up as becoming a complete receiver and apparently the Ravens are going to be using a lot of no huddle.

AFAIK, Fleener is freely available in the free agent pool in all three of my leagues, two twelve teamers and a ten teamer. I know he was Andrew Luck's TE in college, but the Colts drafted another TE in an early round as well (Dwayne Allen). From what I know, rookie TEs, like rookie QBs, rarely put up big numbers.

And I like Fred Davis a lot better than your other TE, Tamme. I think your potentially taking a significant hit at the position with this trade.