Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

don't freak out

why does everyone always freak out after week 1? I mean anything can happen. That's fantasy for you. If you happened to lose it doesn't mean your season is over. It usually takes a couple of weeks for teams to start figuring things out. Let's all back off from the ledge.

:cheers:

It's crazy seeing how many posters are freaking out about a week 1 performance. People talking about dropping players before week 1 even started, and now players that they targeted early in drafts who didn't blow up, so they're ready to dump them already. All I can do is laugh, and hope that players in my leagues are doing the same thing. Maybe I can get some stud players on the cheap.

Pretty much everyone worked out for me and I have three wins to show for it (barring any 30 point kicker performances).

Pretty much everyone worked out for me and I have three wins to show for it (barring any 30 point kicker performances).

Me too, I went undefeated last year and outscored all my opponents by four hundred points. :cheers:

Sometimes it's actually beneficial in the long run to lose in Week 1 and even Week 2. That way you have a better shot at a waiver claim, and a lot of times the guys that come out of nowhere and get hot the first 2 weeks sustain it for the entire season. Especially so for WRs. RBs I feel tend to come on a little later, from mid-season onwards there is usually a guy or two that comes out of nowhere and carries people to fantasy championships.

why does everyone always freak out after week 1? I mean anything can happen. That's fantasy for you. If you happened to lose it doesn't mean your season is over. It usually takes a couple of weeks for teams to start figuring things out. Let's all back off from the ledge.

Yes it does!! Every week is championship week for me damn it and dont try and tell me different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQa6Z1xFq4E

Sometimes it's actually beneficial in the long run to lose in Week 1 and even Week 2. That way you have a better shot at a waiver claim, and a lot of times the guys that come out of nowhere and get hot the first 2 weeks sustain it for the entire season. Especially so for WRs. RBs I feel tend to come on a little later, from mid-season onwards there is usually a guy or two that comes out of nowhere and carries people to fantasy championships.

The silver lining. Picked up Cruz last year due to a few early losses and made it to the SB.

Me too, I went undefeated last year and outscored all my opponents by four hundred points. :cheers:

I barely made it into the playoffs last year because I panicked early. Not happening this year.

I think there's a lot of wisdom in what's being said here. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon, and what we think we've seen after one week shouldn't overshadow what we were pretty sure we KNEW after an entire offseason of study.

But that's not true for me.

With SJax and FJax, and Calvin and Hakeem, I thought I had a good core. But now I realize I bought into hype all the way across the board, and that my season is in its death throes. Alas.