Sign in to follow this  
Murphys Law

Andre Brown or Michael Bush?

Both available on my waiver wire. Bush was dropped last week by another owner who was thin at WR. Looks like both may start this week but who do you think has better long term potential. I'm thinking Bradshaw may be more injury prone than Forte so was leaning towards Brown. Only thing that scares me with Brown is if David Wilson emerges from Coughlin's "doghouse".

Both available on my waiver wire. Bush was dropped last week by another owner who was thin at WR. Looks like both may start this week but who do you think has better long tern potential. I'm thinking Bradshaw may be more injury prone than Forte so was leaning towards Brown. Only that that scares me with Brown is if David Wilson emerges from Coughlin's "doghouse".

This isn't a shot at you, or your league, but I'm seeing numerous posts where good players are getting dropped and it makes me wish I was in your guys' league. I mean crap, Michael Bush is a friggin starter right now and he gets dropped? There was another post earlier saying Spiller was on the waiver wire in his league. The waiver wire? WTF? Anyway, I'd rather have Bush over Brown because you know he will be involved when Forte does come back. Brown, not so much imo.

Bush was dropped before the week 2 games for Cobb by the Forte owner who was huting at WR. Obviously a regrettable move in light of the Forte injury. Richardson for St Louis is also available so debating between Brown, Richardson, and Bush.

This isn't a shot at you, or your league, but I'm seeing numerous posts where good players are getting dropped and it makes me wish I was in your guys' league. I mean crap, Michael Bush is a friggin starter right now and he gets dropped? There was another post earlier saying Spiller was on the waiver wire in his league. The waiver wire? WTF? Anyway, I'd rather have Bush over Brown because you know he will be involved when Forte does come back. Brown, not so much imo.

If nobody ever gets dropped how are people getting waiver wire pickups? How are people putting deep sleepers on their rosters? Everyone is always in this mythical league where all the owners have every top ranked player, every new hot pickup, every sleeper, but then somehow they never run out of roster space either.

In most leagues your bench is limited, you get 5 guys, maybe 6 that you can roster up.

After he drops Brown, suddenly the next jackass comes along and goes "OMG Brown was on your waiver wire? I wish I was in your league!"

If nobody ever gets dropped how are people getting waiver wire pickups? How are people putting deep sleepers on their rosters? Everyone is always in this mythical league where all the owners have every top ranked player, every new hot pickup, every sleeper, but then somehow they never run out of roster space either.

In most leagues your bench is limited, you get 5 guys, maybe 6 that you can roster up.

After he drops Brown, suddenly the next jackass comes along and goes "OMG Brown was on your waiver wire? I wish I was in your league!"

I don't think you can really compare Andre Brown to Michael Bush. Bush is a given handcuff that should be on fantasy rosters. He's more than a handcuff, look at what Bush has done throughout his career. He has always gotten decent touches in Oakland. Now you look at Chicago, Forte had Barber taking his goalline carries the past couple years. Most would assume Bush should fill that role, and guess what? He does/did. You also see what he does after week one and he should definitely be on a team after stealing Forte's TDs away. The comparison to dropping Andre Brown is pretty stupid, nobody has really ever heard of the guy. Bush is established enough that he should be on rosters, period. And maybe I'm just annoyed because my RB2 was Fred Jackson, and in my league I had to start friggin Curtis Brinkley as my #2. Now that's desperate!

Not the same as Michael Bush.. a RB drafted in every solitary 12 team league and known to have a role as a TD vulture and power back no matter the presence of Matt Forte. Plus, he's got a track record as being one of the best, if not THE best, 2nd banana RB in football.. vying only with Ben Tate in all likelihood.

So even if he was clearly dropped prior to Forte getting hurt, it's still a pretty shocking thing. That owner could have traded him 3 Ways 'til Sunday, rather than dropping him.

Andre Brown is week 3 ww fodder, emergency RB fill-in material until further notice.