Sign in to follow this  
bigmark3333

Who to drop and start

My league has short benches (5 spots) and auction style waivers, so I usually pick up an extra player each Tuesday by dropping my kicker each week. Previously, I've been abusing my leagues IR spot by putting Mathews or Mendenhall into it once they are ruled out for the week; however, with Mendy on bye this week, I don't have this luxury and thus have to drop someone in order to pick up a kicker.

So, who should I drop from my roster? I'm leaning towards Simpson or Washington, as I don't want to lose my rb depth (I've been trying to trade to upgrade my WRs - haven't gotten any bites yet), but my WR's are pretty thin/weak. I'd probably drop Flacco, but he's locked in for the week due to the Thurs. night game. Also who should I start in my flex/wr2 spots? Standard scoring except 0.5 ppr.

QB: Eli Manning

RB: Arian Foster

RB: LeSean McCoy

RB/WR: Ryan Mathews

WR1: DeSean Jackson

WR2: Lance Moore

TE: Kyle Rudolph

Flex: Alfred Morris

Bench:

Nate Washington

Ryan Williams

Jerome Simpson

Ben Tate

Rashard Mendenhall

Joe Flacco

Leave a link and I'll get yours. Thanks!

I'd probably drop Simpson because it's his first game back and you don't know what kind of role he will have.

I think your starting lineup this week looks good as you stated below. Wouldn't change anyone at this point.

Thank you for responding to mine......

It all comes down to which 2nd year QB you have more trust in....Locker, or Ponder.

Because, your only choice is to drop Washington or Simpson.

I really like Simpson's upside.....I am sorry you have to do this, but I might drop Nate.

Drop Mendy. Why have you carried him this long?

I think he's going to come back following the bye and take over the starter spot and end up being a low-end RB2/flex play.

I'm trying to move some combination of Mathews/Morris/Mendenhall/Williams/one of my WR/Flacco or Eli to get a top-end WR from owners who are hurting at RB and/or QB. As nobody in my league is biting yet, my hope is that my RBs further establish themselves in the coming weeks and that other owners who are being crushed by injuries/byes will finally be forced to trade.

That being said, I'd like to retain at least 4 solid backs since I am able to start 4 at a time.