Sign in to follow this  
skyyaa

Dropping Tate (Foster owner) - yes or no?

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop?

• Tate
    • Vick
    • Romo
    • No one
    • Someone else

I've been blessed with a great start to this year except for QB, with Vick and Romo combining to create Turnover-tron. Luck is sitting on the waiver wire and I'd REALLY like to add him as a third option. Because of bye weeks and the fact that I really like most of the players on my roster, I don't have any extra space, so it's between one of those QBs or Tate, if I want Luck. Am I tempting to fate too much by dropping Tate? Is he worth it, considering Romo or Vick might turn it around? Roster below; 10 team re-draft league; start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 flex, 1 QB; will answer yours.

QB: Vick, Romo

WR: Marshall, Harvin, Colston, D Moore (I would drop him, but I need him next week since Colston and Marshall have byes)

RB: Foster, Charles, Forte, McGahee, F Jackson, Tate

1 TE, D, K

I'd drop Tate in this circumstance...even if Foster gets hurt, you have pretty darn good backups in Charles, Forte and McGahee to fill in the gap.

not so sure i'd drop Tate. if you can handle the ridicule from your league mates i think either Vick or Romo is droppable for Luck. If Foster goes down, Tate is gold.

OR how about trading one of your good RB's for a top 5-6 QB?

So 2 Tates, 1 other guy or make a trade. Thanks for your thoughts guys. Trading is very tough in this league but even if I could, I don't think Luck will last past this waiver period, so not enough time to pull a 2 for 1. Maybe I'll check in with the Newton owner anyway. Dropping Vick or Romo would be hard because I know they'll contribute to someone else's team at some point, and I like Vick better now (he's been one or two fumbles or throws from a couple good games) and Romo better later (actually hasn't played that bad but really hurt by WRs -- so could turn it around). Plus both Vick and Romo have better playoff schedules than Luck.

I think the easy answer would be just to drop Tate. The only reason to pick him up is if Foster is injured, but he's not injured right now, and he has not been injury prone during his recent run to fantasy stud-dom. Someone else would need to drop a player to make room for him, on the off-chance he become valuable. In a 12 or 14 team league, perhaps that might make sense. In a 10 team league? I think that's unlikely. But I can see why you want to handcuff your stud, especially when you know that handcuff can produce (i.e., taking Peyton Hillis as a handcuff to Charles, who might be more injury prone, is not a terribly appealing option).

Have you considered just dropping Jackson or trying to trade him (to whomever has Spiller)? I know that might sound a bit nuts, given he was a 1000 yd back a year ago and could reclaim a starting job at any time, but you have Foster and Charles, who are awesome, McGahee, who is very solid, and Forte, who I'm guessing you're hoping will regain his 2011 form at some point. If Foster gets hurt, you have Tate. If Charles gets hurt.. well.. Jackson's not likely to fill that gap unless he fully reclaims the starting job, so you may be in trouble anyway.

I think having three solid RB is usually enough, and you have 3 + a safety net, + a guy who could be solid once he gets healthy. Jackson, to me, seems superfluous. I'd try to trade him first, but I'd consider dropping him in a 10 team league.

As for Luck vs. Vick or Romo.. I think having 3 QB is a bit overkill, honestly, unless you want to try and trade one of them in a package to upgrade another spot. All three of these players are likely to be ranked right around each other all year. Luck has hype now, but he's still a rookie and still prone to rookie mistakes. In 2-3 years, he may be one of the true elites (if not sooner), but he might end up about the same as Romo this year, if not slightly behind, given Romo's career trends (he had one bad game, but that's unlikely to keep recurring).

I'm always a little wary of Vick, as he can get hurt at any time or have a stinker, like he did this past week, that could sink you in a given game. That said, he's been a fantasy stud for a reason, and, while his running is down a bit this year, he's still too valuable to just drop to the WW.

PS - Sort of a side comment, but what type of WR do you have on your WW? I'd have to imagine there are better options than Denarius Moore, especially in a 10 team league.

rbs are hard to find, given you have the option to get Luck at the moment. drop vick and have romo backup luck.

i have thought for years romo was overated. a memographed version of favre without the same drive or focus. but in this instance. Vick is less.