Sign in to follow this  
brokenbricks

Mathews or McFadden?

I am in a 10 Team, 2 QB, PPR league. I am looking to upgrade my 2nd QB (Ponder/Palmer). The Aaron Rodgers owner has weak RBs and needs one especially for this week. I was thinking of offering either McFadden or Mathews for Aaron Rodgers (maybe throw in some other crap). I have Foster, McFadden and Mathews and we start 2 RBs and 1 Flex. Currently my flex is Colston or Jordy Nelson.

Which one will have a better rest of the year, easier schedule or would you deal for Rodgers. Or would you stick with the Ponder/Palmer duo and keep the 3 and always use one as the flex?

I am in a 10 Team, 2 QB, PPR league. I am looking to upgrade my 2nd QB (Ponder/Palmer). The Aaron Rodgers owner has weak RBs and needs one especially for this week. I was thinking of offering either McFadden or Mathews for Aaron Rodgers (maybe throw in some other crap). I have Foster, McFadden and Mathews and we start 2 RBs and 1 Flex. Currently my flex is Colston or Jordy Nelson.

Which one will have a better rest of the year, easier schedule or would you deal for Rodgers. Or would you stick with the Ponder/Palmer duo and keep the 3 and always use one as the flex?

I have Matthews ranked higher than McFadden for the rest of the year... I guess I would offer McFadden for Rodgers, but would be pretty surprised if he excepted.

Thanks for answering mine.

yeah i'd be suprised as well if he accepted either Mathews or McFadden straight up for Rodgers. you'd definitely have to throw in a second player who isn't a scrub for him to consider it. especially in a 2 qb league. if you can pull it off without leaving yourself too weak at the flex i'd offer him mcfadden and colston/nelson for rodgers and see what happens

thanks for mine

McFadden is definitely your target to trade. I really think the deflation of Mathews' value was a temporary thing, and now he's back in the upper couple of tiers of RBs. McFadden has some significant downside that is hard to ignore.

You can see if he would take McFadden plus his choice of one of your QB's (I'd personally offer Palmer to him of the two) for Rodgers. I doubt he'll do it, but it doesn't hurt to try. If he goes for blood, just be happy using all three as your RB and Flex. You say that you currently have Colston/Nelson as your flex. Who's your WR if Colston is at flex?

Thanks for mine!