Sign in to follow this  
dmachen2

Trade Help - Give Dez for Demaryius?

I am in a 12 team standard league. I am currently being ravaged by byes in week 7 with McCoy, Charles, McGahee, Julio, and Gates all on bye.

I was sent a trade offfer where I would give up Dez Bryant and receive Demaryius Thomas. Should I do this trade even though Demaryius is on bye also? Should I do the trade at all?

Here is my current starting lineup due to byes

QB - Brady

RB - Ben Tate

RB - Kendall Hunter

FLEX - Josh Gordon

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Steve Johnson

TE - Greg Olson

D/ST - Packers

K - Jason Hanson

Non-Bye bench - Donnie Avery

Post your link and I will respond.

I would not do the Trade. I am a Dez owner, and he is really heating up right now. Dallas seems committed to keep Dez involved early, and throughout the game, his targets have been crazy(15 last week). I think he really starts coming on the second half of the season. It also looks to me like Payton has been spreading the ball around a lot - look at last weeks comeback win from 24 pt deficit, and Thomas was targeted only twice for the whole game. Dez has been the most targeted receiver in Dallas (48 total, 8 more than Witten, and 14 more than Austin) I know this is just a small sample size... but it seems to be trend - Here is Bryant's target stat line: 5-7-8-13-BYE-15 (48). Thomas has also been targeted a total of 48 times, but his targets are up and down each week.

I own Dez as well and he's playing every week for me. He has talent to emulate Marshall(whether he does or not is a diff story.) Demaryius has also a ton of talent. What I like about Thomas over Dez is the guy throwing the ball. I'd be inclined to do this deal only bc I know Payton will be consistent. We all know what can happen with Romo.

I would do it if it weren't for your bye week situation. That move could cost you the game this week.I do like Thomas slightly more than Bryant though.