Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Sproles Hand Injury

Thanks Matt, this is a full blown 1 PPT league. I am hoping that J Stew can move the ball, but Washington can be tough on the run. At least he also gets receptions.

Anybody hear anymore about the duration of Sproles being out? - Yahoo estimates he will be out for 3 weeks, and the Biloxi Sun Herald states up to 8 weeks.

Rotoworld update:

Darren Sproles - RB - Saints

Darren Sproles' broken hand calls for a four-to-six week recovery, but there is optimism that he could return sooner.

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the fracture is on Sproles' upper left hand near the wrist. The versatile running back already underwent surgery, so his best case scenario would likely be to sport a cast and return in Week 13 in Atlanta. Either way, owners should expect to be without Sproles for the remainder of the fantasy regular season and hope for a return for your playoffs. Travaris Cadet and Lance Moore are expected to handle return duties for the Saints.

Hmmmm...I was looking at moving Colston on the idea that Graham's return will keep his production closer to beginning-of-season levels (which was supported by last week's game), but this could change things as long as they don't try to make Cadet a Sproles-clone.

Here's a question and I think the answer is probably not much to no altogether...

What would you buy Sproles for?

I don't have a need but an owner in my league said he'd sell him for pennies on the dollar.

I personally would quit the league next year. Vetoing a trade where the injury was announced after the trade got made was total bullsh!t.

I pleaded my case and the leagues claimed the trade wasn't fair post injury lol and that because the league has the ability to veto its a moot point. Told them vetoing a trade for anything other then collusion fucks up the integrity of the league. I'm done with this league after this season. What a joke.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Darren Sproles (broken hand) could miss just 1-2 games.

We've now seen reports ranging from 1-2 weeks to up to 8 weeks for a Sproles absence. Mortensen also notes that Willis McGahee suffered the same injury late last season, and he missed just one game. Either way, we expect a multi-game absence, but it should be on the very light side. A Week 10 return against the Falcons isn't out of the realm of possibility. The only thing that is certain is that Sproles isn't playing on Monday night against the Eagles.

November 8 ... only update is that Sproles is definitely out Week 10. Estimates for his return range from Week 11 thru Week 14, but recent updates seem to be more optimistic than the first reports that were calling for a six to eight week absence.

I'm trying to trade my 4th RB (Stewart) for Sproles for RB depth for the playoffs, so here's hoping for a Week 11 or 12 return.