Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Week 13 do or die. Ryan or RG3?

Having ryan and rg3 has been a curse this year. I start ryan usually and enjoy seeing rg3 go for 40 on my bench. This last week I did the same and while ryan played well, he cost me the game due to not having rg3s 40. Coming up its another must win, Ryan on a short week at home vs the saints in a shootout, or RG3 after a long week at home vs the surging giants. RG3 simply cannot be sat down it seems but ryans no slouch and he put up 37 for me last time vs the saints despite a loss. There has to be others in this same spot, who is the better option?

Having ryan and rg3 has been a curse this year. I start ryan usually and enjoy seeing rg3 go for 40 on my bench. This last week I did the same and while ryan played well, he cost me the game due to not having rg3s 40. Coming up its another must win, Ryan on a short week at home vs the saints in a shootout, or RG3 after a long week at home vs the surging giants. RG3 simply cannot be sat down it seems but ryans no slouch and he put up 37 for me last time vs the saints despite a loss. There has to be others in this same spot, who is the better option?

Matty Ice, and it's not even close. They'll be at home against one of the worst passing DEF's in all of football. Start Matt Ryan and you won't be disappointed!

Follow me on twitter for more answers to your questions!

I agree with starting Ryan, but either way you should be fine...

And just curious.. How have you not traded one of them for a top 10 RB or WR though!?

You can start Matt Ryan and not look back. RG3 may go off again, but you can't look back and say you made the wrong decision by starting a top 5 QB vs the worst defense in the league.

I agree with starting Ryan, but either way you should be fine...

And just curious.. How have you not traded one of them for a top 10 RB or WR though!?

I tried but couldnt! I was basically giving RG3 away, offered for CJ2k early on, offered in a package for lynch, no takers. Everyone just would rather ride out their option. Its hard to trade qbs in fantasy, theres always 12 decent starters.

I'm in your same position. I was trying to trage RG3, and couldn't get anything decent. Being in a 10 team league, no one needed a qb bad enough I guess. Seems whichever qb i start (ryan or RG3), the one on my bench does better. And its cost me a few times. Its just hard to sit RG3 right now with the way he's been playing. I started Ryan the last 2 weeks and he lost it for me 2 weeks ago, and I squeaked by this past week. I'm rally torn on who to start. Seems whichever decision I make, I'll be wrong...

I am in the same situation, 12 team standard scoring. Why would I give in to the low ball offers (for good reason, they know I have two QBs and one will be sitting on my bench)Someone offered me Mike Wallace and Matt Schaub for RG3..cmon man! . I got burned last week starting Matt Ryan, lost by ten points, instead of sitting in first place i am in a 5 way tie for 2nd.

Here is how I do it. Break it down with an educated guess. New Orleans atrocious D, at home, rivalry game, potential for shootout vs. Giants hot and potentially lights out D...enough said. You can also look at the vegas odds for total points scored, those guys are pro's. Falcons vs. Saints is higher across the board

Even if RG3 goes off for 30 pts and Matt Ryan puts up 25 I am ok with that. I am willing to sacrifice the 5-10 points of upside to protect against potentially huge downside. Its inevitable that Ryan will get his tonight. Those teams don't play 10-7 games. Can you say the same about Giants vs. Redskins? Look at the beatdown they gave to the packers, would you want to face them?

Tonight I am going Ryan.

NB: Last night Ladanian Tomlinson was on XM fantasy football and the same question came up, he said he would go with Matt Ryan as well.