Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

$1100 difference between 1st and 2nd

FFT projects 7 points for Austin (NO at home) and 11 for Beanie (Chi at home), so that has me leaning Beanie right now. Which way would you go?

Please leave a link and I'll answer yours.

Assuming you have Amendola already on your line up I like Austin better next out of those on our roster. I seriously doubt Beanie has any relevance the rest of the season. Austin has a dream match up.

Yeah, but it could be that Dez and Witten soak up all the targets. I'd give Austin a floor of about 2 or 3, with Wells having a floor of about 5 or 6. Both have a mid 20's ceiling.

Only way to consider Beanie is on a standard league. Otherwise you will regret playing Beanie. Let's look at the facts. Beanie plays on an offense that can't move the ball. The reason he got so close to the goal line last week was his defense. Even on the long run he looked slow. He's playing a way better defense that got embarrassed and has something to proof. If you only look at his yardage and not the last 4 1yd TD runs he's useless. Austin on the other hand saw way more targets than Dez last week. Will probably be the same this week. NO will have their usual offense which means Romo will need to throw a lot to keep up. I say Austin catches at least a TD and 4 to 5 catches for 70 yards. Dez showed he has issues catching the ball unless thrown to his chest. Whose going to get all the down field/over the shoulder targets? Austin more than likely. Whichever way you go best of luck.

Battle is interesting especially because you know he's going to be the guy as the goal line back. If Battle gets 10ish carries and goal line work i might like him better than beanie. Austin could have a big day against that horrible defense. I think you're right that austin probably has the lower floor but in a game that should be a shootout he should get his targets. Are you favored or the under dog?? If you need a big day I'd probably let Austin go and if you are favored take the safer play with Beanie or Battle.

Battle is interesting especially because you know he's going to be the guy as the goal line back. If Battle gets 10ish carries and goal line work i might like him better than beanie. Austin could have a big day against that horrible defense. I think you're right that austin probably has the lower floor but in a game that should be a shootout he should get his targets. Are you favored or the under dog?? If you need a big day I'd probably let Austin go and if you are favored take the safer play with Beanie or Battle.

Based on FFT projections we will tie, 118 to 118. However, he has Matty Ice and Julio Jones going Saturday night, so I can make my decision after that. If I need big numbers, go with Austin. If I want safer numbers, Beanie or Battle.

Adam...I would definitely go with Austin. Romo is the hottest QB in the NFL right now. Dez is going to be blanketed which will open up Austin. I just don't like Wells against that Chicago defense.

Good luck.

I'd go with Austin. I think he's the best risk/reward play this week, only because Dallas has such a favorable passing match-up. Austin hasn't had big numbers recently, but he's still getting a decent number of looks. Given that Sunday's game will likely be a high-scoring affair, Austin is in a good position to possibly hit pay dirt with 75+ yds. receiving.

Beanie, on the other hand, has a horrible match-up. The Bears have only given up 6 rushing TDs all year (3rd lowest in the league), and Arizona has a horrible offense to boot.

The Battle option is intriguing, but given that we don't know exactly how he'll share the load with Brinkley, I think there's a lot of risk in the play. Speaking of Brinkley, is he available in your league? I think I like his upside better than Battle's right now.

I'd go with Austin. I think he's the best risk/reward play this week, only because Dallas has such a favorable passing match-up. Austin hasn't had big numbers recently, but he's still getting a decent number of looks. Given that Sunday's game will likely be a high-scoring affair, Austin is in a good position to possibly hit pay dirt with 75+ yds. receiving.

Beanie, on the other hand, has a horrible match-up. The Bears have only given up 6 rushing TDs all year (3rd lowest in the league), and Arizona has a horrible offense to boot.

The Battle option is intriguing, but given that we don't know exactly how he'll share the load with Brinkley, I think there's a lot of risk in the play. Speaking of Brinkley, is he available in your league? I think I like his upside better than Battle's right now.

Right but ... look at it this way:

Austin, lets pencil him in for 75/0

Beanie, how about 50/1

That's exactly how FFT projects it, giving me 4 more points from Beanie. I'm really torn here. Can't make up my mind.

Chi D is beat up, it's in AZ, and Wells is really the only decent offensive plan they have.

Einsenberg ranks Austin 36th, Jennings at 35. I'm not considering starting Jennings.

Richard ranks him 26th between James Jones and Maclin

Zegura ranks him 28th betwwen Antonio Brown and TY Hilton.

Not very inspiring. Beanie ranked between 26 and 28 across the board.

FYI my opponent:

QB: Ryan

RB: Forte

RB: McFadden

WR: AJ Green

WR: Julio Jones

Flex: CJ2K

TE: Olsen

K: Prater

My team in sig.

Ok, here's what I've decided.

It doesn't make sense for me to worry about it now. I wont be able to decide until after the Saturday game. If Ryan and Julio do well, I can't be too confident in riding Beanie Wells in my flex. However, if they stink, and Bryant has a big game ... I mean, there's a chance that after the game I could be ahead with my kicker against his QB and WR combined. It's possible. In that case, it would make sense to start Beanie. So. We'll see. Check back Saturday and I'll have a decision.

If, also possible, Ryan and Julio go off, put up huge numbers, I might consider starting Greg Jennings. Higher risk/reward play.