Sign in to follow this  
Greedo

2011 vs. 2012 Packers

Last year I was expressing concern even at 14-0 that the Pack looked like crap. This year, though they'll have several tough games whether they can hold the #2 seed or not, I feel better about how they look at 11-4 than I did last year at this time.

Also, the Giants are nowhere in sight in the playoffs - they seem to be the Pack's kryptonite.

Last year I was expressing concern even at 14-0 that the Pack looked like crap. This year, though they'll have several tough games whether they can hold the #2 seed or not, I feel better about how they look at 11-4 than I did last year at this time.

Also, the Giants are nowhere in sight in the playoffs - they seem to be the Pack's kryptonite.

I feel better coming into the post season getting healthy...finding a run game and the defense clicking. Players seem hungrier this year too.

--I like getting Saturday out of there.... instant improvement....

--I love the little tiny RB they have.... So fast, so shifty...

--Finley seems extremely focused and producing nicely.... He must have read McGinn's article on him.

--Jones is a monster... Cobb is crazy talented.... Is it possible that Jennings is the fourth best receiver? That's scary.

--Casey Hayward is incredible

From Peter King's MMQ column. A writeup on Casey Hayward, one of three contenders (according to King) for defensive rookie of the year:

"Casey Hayward, CB, Green Bay. In pure performance terms, no rookie defender comes close to Hayward. He sits between Richard Sherman and Charles Tillman at the top of PFF's coverage grading through Week 15. He ranks eighth in yards allowed per coverage snap, despite playing nearly half of those 400 plays (204) in the slot, a traditionally more difficult position to man.

In doing this he has given up neither a penalty nor touchdown while making six interceptions and deflecting 10 more passes. When you throw in the fact he's played the run well too -- ranking 9th in run stop percentage among corners, without missing a tackle -- you can see this is a man who should be going to the Pro Bowl. The only point against him is that he's not currently an every-down player; he generally doesn't play in the Packers base defense."

I like this defense so much better than last year's defense :thumbsup:

--Casey Hayward is incredible

I like this defense so much better than last year's defense :thumbsup:

The secondary has been amazing this year, even with all the young players - they had some rough patches early on, but have held up remarkably well. Williams and Shields look like they did in 2010. Woodson was never really missed and may very be a backup safety for the playoffs (which would have been considered insane at the start of the season). That secondary is going to be good for a long time.

Its crazy that they are starting to find a running game now with their RB1 and RB2 both hurt - although that may have as much to do with the OLine adjustments.

They definitely seem ready to roll this year. As long as Clay is healthy... that guy... they look like a completely different defense when he is playing. Outside of Rodgers, he is the second most valuable player out there.

The secondary has been amazing this year, even with all the young players - they had some rough patches early on, but have held up remarkably well. Williams and Shields look like they did in 2010. Woodson was never really missed and may very be a backup safety for the playoffs (which would have been considered insane at the start of the season). That secondary is going to be good for a long time.

Its crazy that they are starting to find a running game now with their RB1 and RB2 both hurt - although that may have as much to do with the OLine adjustments.

They definitely seem ready to roll this year. As long as Clay is healthy... that guy... they look like a completely different defense when he is playing. Outside of Rodgers, he is the second most valuable player out there.

I think it's both the ol adjustments(Barclay is a decent run blocker...and Lamg being back at LG where he belongs)

And green figuring things put and getting the fresh legs of Grant and Harris running hard.

I think it's both the ol adjustments(Barclay is a decent run blocker...and Lamg being back at LG where he belongs)

And green figuring things put and getting the fresh legs of Grant and Harris running hard.

Yes.... that and the fronts they have been facing.... Safeties way back to try and limit Rodgers and daring the Packers the run

And God bless Saturday, but he was awful....

Very cagey and smart vet.... but slow and small...

I feel better coming into the post season getting healthy...finding a run game and the defense clicking. Players seem hungrier this year too.

Speaking of hungrier, they could get SF and Seattle as the 2 playoff games, both at home, and both games that they should be way up for.

And God bless Saturday, but he was awful....

Very cagey and smart vet.... but slow and small...

Speaking of Saturday, one of our 3 pro bowlers this year...

I didn't realize they gave out pro bowl nominations to guys that are on the second string. Is the NFC that hard up for centers?