Sign in to follow this  
jim481120

Keeper Konundrum

What's up FFballers, I am part of a 14 team/ppr/keeper league. We're allowed to keep 2 players, 1 from rounds 1-3 and another from round 4 on. My options this year are Mccoy 1st round, Stafford rnd 6 and Spiller rnd 7. I am leaning on keeping Spiller and Stafford based on value and projections and that I will have picks 14 & 15 if I drop Mccoy and I can do a little damage there. I'll list pros and cons for each potential keeper so you can see my mindset on these guys.

Stafford

Pros:

1. Lions throw a ton, led the league in pass attempts the last 2 years, no reason to believe this changes

2. Throws to one of the most dominant WRs in the league

3. Good value for a round 6 pick.

4. Reggie Bush comes to town for another viable passing option that Stafford hasn't had since Jahvid Best.

Cons:

1. O-line and the hits he's been taking, not much else for cons.

Spiller

Pros:

1. 6.0 ypc last year

2. Good passing option for whoever ends up QB

3. Big play ability

Cons:

1. durability, not sure if this is really an issue

2. Fred Jax, he may be old but I believe he can still make a case for playing time so ther is a possibility of RBBC (running back by committee)

3. Marrone says goal line back role not yet established, Jax could take TD's away

Mccoy

Pros:

1. True baller, versatile, quick, shady

2. Maclin out, should increase his touches

3. Can score TDs in the red zone, unfortunately, Andy Reid liked to use other options last year. Thankfully he's gone

4. Don't see a RBBC situation here so he's a single lead back which seems to be a rarity nowadays.

Cons:

1. Not a great value for a rnd 1 pick

2. Suffered first bad concussion we know about and given his postion, he could become damaged goods

3. Not sure Chip Kelly's offense translates to success in the NFL (could say the same for Marrone/Spiller I guess)

4. QB situation - Vick and Shady have some chemistry, teams less likely to stack the box with Vick in but most certainly would against Foles which I believe would negatively affect Mccoy's stats.

I would keep Spiller and McCoy. They are both inside the top 5 RB's on the board

(I am not including Foster in my top 10 this year) and you can still get Stafford in the 6th as you did last year.

Spiller, McCoy and focus on 2WR and a top TE and Stafford will still be there for you.

Hell, If your owner who has Graham let's him go get him with your first pick and then go 2WR.

Whoever has the top WR's is going to keep them so your looking at a huge tier of wideouts left on the same level.

I'd keep the running backs. Since your league can only keep 1 player per team from the first 3 rounds, I'd guess that the stud running backs all get kept, and there will be plenty of QBs available in the draft.

Keep Shady and Spiller. Stafford is good but you can get the same production from a guy like Romo. You won't get the same return from lower tier backs.