Sign in to follow this  
Stalker711

First pick in our Rookie/FA draft

I have the first pick in my dynasty league. Small rosters, 13-17 keepers, 10 teams. Need input on the pick.

These are the top 5 players:

1. Giovani Bernard

2. Lamar Miller (2nd year)

3. Tavon Austin

4. Eddie Lacy

5. Le'Veon Bell (Lisfranc injury, 6-8 weeks)

I am vulnerable at RB (CJ1k, Gore, JAGs), and really need a contributor this season from this pick.

Who would you take, and why?

Thanks.

I like Lacy as the most likely to contribute right away. If he ends up being the main back for GB he could easily be this year's star rookie rb.

I like Lacy as the most likely to contribute right away. If he ends up being the main back for GB he could easily be this year's star rookie rb.

I have to agree with FBN. Lacy looks like he'll get the most touches from the group you've listed. Miller could be a good pick, but apparently the Dolphins think Daniel Thomas is worthy of some kind of timeshare with Miller, which makes Lacy the safer choice. Definitely think Lacy scores more TDs than anyone else on your list.

Up until this week, I had Miller pegged with that pick, but as mentioned, he went from 'the chosen son' to 'they will both breakout' in a matter of two weeks.

Bernard hasn't been a sleeper for months now, but I was seeing him as having that balance between first year production, and long-term dynasty value that the others may not possess.

So no one prefers Bernard to Lacy at this point?

I have the same problem. Bernard or Lacy. My dynasty is PPR, so I'm leaning toward Bernard. But I'm a Packers fan, so I'm leaning towards Lacy. But I have Jordy Nelson and I don't want too many players from one team so I'm leaning towards Bernard. But I think Lacy has the better 1st year and I have a team ready to win now so I'm leaning towards Lacy. Lacy had the harder schedule this year, so I'm leaning towards Bernard. Lacy is a pile mover and a goal line back, so I'm leaning towards Lacy. AJ Green, Dalton, and Bernard make a great trio, so I'm leaning towards Bernard. The Packers will score often and Lacy is back that can score 10+ TD's, so I'm leaning towards Lacy.

You get the point.

I have to make a decision in 3 days. I'm waiting until both play their games this weekend.

I have the same problem. Bernard or Lacy. My dynasty is PPR, so I'm leaning toward Bernard. But I'm a Packers fan, so I'm leaning towards Lacy. But I have Jordy Nelson and I don't want too many players from one team so I'm leaning towards Bernard. But I think Lacy has the better 1st year and I have a team ready to win now so I'm leaning towards Lacy. Lacy had the harder schedule this year, so I'm leaning towards Bernard. Lacy is a pile mover and a goal line back, so I'm leaning towards Lacy. AJ Green, Dalton, and Bernard make a great trio, so I'm leaning towards Bernard. The Packers will score often and Lacy is back that can score 10+ TD's, so I'm leaning towards Lacy.

You get the point.

I have to make a decision in 3 days. I'm waiting until both play their games this weekend.

If i was you, i'd draft Ryan Nassib. :dunno:

Well, when the moment of truth came, I went with Giovani Bernard.

Big back syndrome set in, and I just couldn't pull the trigger on a 240lb running back with a long injury history.

Well, when the moment of truth came, I went with Giovani Bernard.

Big back syndrome set in, and I just couldn't pull the trigger on a 240lb running back with a long injury history.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Strange development. The last team to drop players wound up dropping Michael Crabtree. Don't ask, its better that way.

My focus has been on restocking RB, but I have an eye on improving TE with one of my three position player picks. I feel good about my WR situation. With Crabtree in the mix, would you consider an early 2nd for him over a TE prospect?

Strange development. The last team to drop players wound up dropping Michael Crabtree. Don't ask, its better that way.

My focus has been on restocking RB, but I have an eye on improving TE with one of my three position player picks. I feel good about my WR situation. With Crabtree in the mix, would you consider an early 2nd for him over a TE prospect?

Yes, but he's not going to be ready to play for quite some time. More of a pick for next year than this year. This is not a deep draft class.

Yes, but he's not going to be ready to play for quite some time. More of a pick for next year than this year. This is not a deep draft class.

True, he won't be ready until the 2nd half of the season, but is a 2nd round pick not worth it for a possible top 15 WR for the 2nd half, and future seasons?