Sign in to follow this  
IDrinkMolson

Projection Pal breaks after using CRTL-Z in another workbook

If I use CTRL-Z to undo something in another open workbook (I have to cleanup my data before pasting into Projection Pal) and Pal is open, I get a debug error. Afterwards, the Projection Pal never works again. Sometimes closing/reopening will allow me to do one more copy to compiler but usually not. It seems to be in the projection pal as the Clean tab does not read the raw tab afterwards. If I do a copy to compiler, the first name in my list is copied all the way down the column and no data goes to compiler.

The script error I get is:

Run-time error '1004':

Method 'Range' of object'_Global' failed

End is only option.

I basically have to open a new Pal and start over, and if I forgot to do a Save As first, I have to download a new one, even if I don't save the broken one.

Sure, the easy answer is to not do CTRL-Z, but hoping for a fix, or at least a way to continue using the current Pal.

Thanks!

I'm not sure why undo in one workbook would have any impact in another workbook. There must be more to it. So you have Draft Buddy, Pal, and another workbook open all at the same time?

This just came to me, but CTRL-Z triggers a macro in Draft Buddy (undo draft pick). Do you think maybe if you did all the exact same stuff but didn't have Buddy open, it would be fine? CTRL-Z should not be any different in Pal from any other workbook.

I was thinking it could be the undo draft pick, since there was no draft pick done and that was the thing ctrl-z was mentioned. I just don't get why Pal stops working, even if I close/reopen. It seems at a minimum the Clean tab should still see the Raw info (except for name changes). And, why does it copy the first name down the rest of the column.

I see I didn't mention, but this happens after I do a one or more 'copy to compiler'. Usually happens when I get to WR tab or after. So, it might have to open Buddy once. I'm a long time Excel user and use CTRL-z out of habit.

I just opened one of the broken Pal's, put the correct names over the duplicate names and the clean tab is still not reading the raw tab, confirmed column headings are correct.

Maybe it corrupts a range name or something? I don't have time right now to try closing buddy after a copy to complier to test.