Sign in to follow this  
Fid

Flex: Ben Tate hedge behind Arian Foster?

RBs: Arian Foster, Trent Richardson

With Arian Foster predicted to not getting full workload, week 1, wondering who to stick in flex position.. have a plethora of question marks on bench to choose from:

Ben Tate

Shane Vereen

Montee Ball

Ahmad Bradshaw

Rashard Mendenhall

Danny Woodhead

Kenbrell Thompkins

PPR league btw. Half tempted to start Tate in the flex as goofy as it sounds, but as a hedge to Fosters unknown week 1 workload, might be better than any of my other options!

ty & Cheers

It's not a bad thought. Tate might out perform Foster in week one. Heck, you may end up starting Tate over Foster anyway....pending on what news comes out over the next week.

With all that being said you may have the best/worst group of flex players ever.

It's the best because I can see all of them doing really good this year. Even they all don't, one or two should rise above the rest and become solid weekly starters. Great job getting all of them.

It's the worst because I can see all of them doing really good this year. If they all end up having big roles for their teams it's going to be a nightmare figuring out which ones to start every week!!

As for the question at hand. While I like all of your flex options I would not hedge Foster with Tate. I understand it, but wouldn't do it. I would roll with Ahmad Bradshaw. They play the Raiders who have a horrible defense. If there's ever a time to start a guy who missed the entire pre-season, it's this time. Bradshaw should have a great game. He's an all around back who should torch the Raiders for 100+ yards and a touchdown or two.

If five people respond, I expect five different answers. Great group to choose from, but impossible to predict which one will do best.

Good luck.

Lol thanks for the reply, gave me a chuckle.

I like your advice so as long as no new news or injury info about Bradshaw will stick him in there, or another option is Thompkins week one since the Patriots play a high school team the Bills.

I'd think all of Tate, Bradshaw and Vereen would make decent plays. Close call but I'd actually maybe go with Tate.