Sign in to follow this  
jthomen

Trade Gio Bernard for Andrew Luck?

I currently have Gio and guys offered me Luck. Here are my RBs and QBs... Please Help!!!

QB: Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer

RB: Forte, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Gio, BJGE, Willis McGahee

hell no... the only decent RB you have is Forte. Dalton and Carson will score as much as Luck if you play match ups... Gio will explode before the years out... dumb idea in my opinion

Man, this is kindof a tough one...

I'd actually say counter this trade with Lamar Miller for Luck.

Heres my thinking:

Last year Dalton & Luck ended the season close in fantasy points but Luck should get even more scoring opportunities now with Richardson on his team. Then Dalton becomes your own trade bait for someone with a weak or struggling QB.

The reason to trade Miller instead of Gio is you dont have his handcuff, plain and simple. Gio & BJGE are splitting time and if one gets injured you have the clear cut RB1 on CIN, which is much better than having 2 guys competing in timeshares IMO.

The 2 X-Factors in this are McGahee and Wilson: Who knows about McGahee yet but I think he'll be the starter down the line and might be a great pickup for you as CLE doesnt really have anyone else to run (and they seem committed to tanking the season = more runs). IMO as a Giants fan David Wilson will be fine, the organization is absolutely committed to the kid and on that offense he'll get plenty of opportunities and will end up getting a ton of points. Those 2 guys with Forte and the CIN backfield gives you good depth at RB. Now hopefully youre set at WR...

Good luck!

Help with mine!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=423953