Sign in to follow this  
Liquid_Mojo

Need opinions on who to start as RB2, PPR

I've got Forte as my RB1...but due to injuries/time-shares not sure who to roll with as RB2...a name and logic as to why you chose him would be appreciated. Leave a link to you're roster question thread and i'll hit you back...

RB2 Options:

A) Ray Rice : The "standard" thought would be that he's the pick if he's active. But coming off his strained hip flexor and being limited in practice all week I have no doubt even if active he'll be spliting carries with Pierce and there's the risk he aggravates the hip and taps out of the game early.

B) Joique Bell : This is who I have in my lineup right now, Bush is in a similar situation to Ray Rice's in that he's returning to action after an in-active week due to injury, I see the Lions as probably easing him back into action by allowing Bell to take a good share of the load...especially after Bell proved his effectiveness in a starting role last week as well as putting up a big day in week 1 just occasionally spelling Bush when he was 100%

C) Jacquizz Rodgers : Another certain time share, Quizz will cede goal line carries to Snelling and some passing downs although Quizz can catch the ball well also...i think Snelling is more effective pass blocker due to his bigger size. I think this could be a high scoring game and a totally unrelated reason to start him is it'd be nice to have someone to watch in the Sunday night game :-)

Thanks to anyone who gives me any opinions!

Considering the Ravens are playing the Bills I think if Rice isn't ready they will be ok putting Pierce out there. If he dresses I would play him. If not I would go with Bell.

Can you help me out with my 3 for 3 trade post?

These guys have it right. Check the injury update before the Ravens game. If Ray Ray starts then he should start for you. If not you should start Bell.

Good luck dude !

PPR I would go with Bell.

Rice is still a question even if he does play with Pierce being in the mix this week. He may not get his full load.

Bell in PPR is a good play each week it looks like. They do throw his way and he gets the ball in the red zone. He has several ways to get you a few points. Plus with Bush coming off injury and prone to begin he has the chance to see more touches.

Rodgers, Not close IMO.

Not sure how serious Ray's hip injury is, could be a G.T.D. Bell has been a great pick-up for me in my free leagues. I think, with Reggie Bush playing this week that you would, most likely, want to start Rice in PPR; if he is going to get around 12 to 15 carries and 3 to 5 catches.

Since he (Rice) is a more questionable than probable at this point, I personally would start Bell though; due to the fact Bush (knee) is a bit dinged up too. Also, I am a Vikings fan, so watching Week 1 vs. the Lions made Bell look like a top 15 RB. Maybe, the Lions will force feed their big back against the NFC North. Try to keep Reggie fresh.

If Jason Snelling wasn't taking touches, with SJax out; Jacquizz could have started his 1st game of the year for you. He looked pretty beast for that small of a player; on that one run in the playoffs.