Sign in to follow this  
kmccon02

I guess it was just a matter of time. Foles likely to start for the Eagles for Week 6

Dont start Foles, he came in and played well against a team that gameplanned the entire week for a unique QB. Foles is hot garbage with an upside of decent game manager when the situation is right.

Dont start Foles, he came in and played well against a team that gameplanned the entire week for a unique QB. Foles is hot garbage with an upside of decent game manager when the situation is right.

You may be right but I believe Foles is a better thrower than Vick but doesn't have the rest of the intangibles. If nothing else, DJax's value goes up with Foles in there. mho

How would Djax value go up? Dude has been a monster so far with Vick at the helm. His numbers will likely go down now.

How would Djax value go up? Dude has been a monster so far with Vick at the helm. His numbers will likely go down now.

IDK... He had two very nice games in weeks 1 and 2. Then put up a couple of duds weeks 3 and 4, to the surprise of no one as defenses adjusted and DJax has been known to disappear for games at a time....for various reasons.

I watched the game yesterday, Foles is a more accurate thrower than Vick but is a statue in the pocket. Vick misses a lot of open receivers imo. We'll see what happens.

If anyone's stock goes up with Foles at QB, it's Celek and Ertz. With Foles at QB, the read option is obsolete. Teams will play 8 in the box to shut down McCoy. Since Jackson is their only viable WR, he'll get doubled.

I mean, Foles played well against the Giants. That's not saying much...

Basically they have to scrap their offense with Foles as starter, so I would expect everyone's #s but the TEs and possibly Cooper (who he worked with extensively with the 2nd unit) to fall off.

Don't read anything into yesterday. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed the Giants are that bad. They appear to have quit. Foles had two second half scores after Eli INTs left him with 25 and 35 yard fields.

The kid has an ok arm and nice touch. But I believe it'll be a repeat of last year, with a few big plays, lots of sacks and turnovers, and an overall poor showing. Or, as I and other Eagles fans have come to refer to it, "game day".

As a seasoned Bird watcher, I am disappointed that I missed on the O/U before Vick got hurt, taking the under of 3.5 games.