Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Fiend

Start 2 WR's on same team? (Not Denver!)

Anyone comfortable starting 2 wr's on the same team? Understandably if the QB goes down or weather is shtty then your in for trouble. But my dilemma - I have Calvin as my #1, followed by Marshall as my #2. 3rd wr is up for grabs between kenbrell Thompkins or Alshon Jeffery. Do you gamble and start 2 Bears WR's???? Giants def has been horrific... Or are you short changing yourself with one team?? Thoughts & feedback please....?

I am thinking about starting Blackmon and Shorts in my ppr league this week against Denver

How about 3 from the same team??? I am in a keeper league (keep 2) and my best options this year were Cobb and Jordy. Round 5 rolled in and the best receiver on the board was James Jones. So, as a Vikes fan, I was sick to my stomach thinking these were my starting WRs that I would be cheering for! But.....it sure has worked out so far. I was able to sneak out a week 4 win when they were on a bye thanks to Le'Veon coming back and picking up Nate Washington. So, bye week out of the way, still solid if one goes down, and can now keep Cobb and Jones next year (can't keep Jordy since I have had him 2 years). I just might reach for Jordy in round 2 next year if this keeps up!!

I started Terrance Williams and Dez Bryant last week as I saw Williams trending up, Dallas abandoning the run lately, and knowing Dallas would be slinging it. Gave me 40 points. Now if I had only started Tony on my bench instead of Ryan....doh. I'm comfortable starting these two WR's until Austin comes back.

Depends on how you think your team stacks up against the other team. In a situation where you think the other team is better than yours you should go with the upside move and start the WR from a different team. If you think the teams are even or you have the advantage then both same-team WRs should be played to reduce variance.

This week I think Alshon is a clear start over Thompkins. Alshon has a super juicy matchup and we're not sure yet how NE is going to split the workload between Amendola, Gronk, Edelman, and Thompkins.

Anyone comfortable starting 2 wr's on the same team? Understandably if the QB goes down or weather is shtty then your in for trouble. But my dilemma - I have Calvin as my #1, followed by Marshall as my #2. 3rd wr is up for grabs between kenbrell Thompkins or Alshon Jeffery. Do you gamble and start 2 Bears WR's???? Giants def has been horrific... Or are you short changing yourself with one team?? Thoughts & feedback please....?

i would not have a problem starting them two bears wr vs that bad gmen def