Sign in to follow this  
Lesman

QB Trade - Who to target Stafford or Foles?

(See sig for current roster)

I'm not high on Matt Ryan the rest of the way with Jones out and White hurt.

I can get Foles now by giving up Hakeem Nicks... I already have Vick.

OR

I can wait till next week and get Stafford (his current owner has Brees on Bye so he won't part with him till next week), but it will cost me Matt Ryan + Nicks.

I'm OK with giving both Ryan + Nicks, as I feel Stafford will be a nice upgrade over Ryan from here on out, and I'll never play Nicks.

However, I do like the fact that the Foles deal leaves me with more depth (Foles/Vick + Ryan), where the Stafford deal will leave me without a solid backup.

Do you take the safer & cheaper deal for Foles, or go big with Stafford?

leave a link and I'll see yours...

Thanks for mine.

I actually think you could go either way here... and that is not a terrible thing. You can very easily wait till next week to pick up Stafford. That is a reasonable trade. Although, I might be inclined to keep Vick and just trade Nicks for Foles. I have no problem with Vick still being the guy since you still own him. The offense has plenty of weapons for Foles to work with... so I think he will continue to put up solid points... especially against the sorry lot of defenses he will face in the coming weeks. The next two games the Eagles play are: Dallas (given up the most fantasy points to QB's) and then the Giants (given up the 2nd most fantasy points to QB's). And the two games after that are Oak and GB... not exactly striking the fear in opposing QBs. That gives Vick plenty of time to heal... and you with solid QB options by keeping Ryan in the mix.

If you won't be playing Nicks I say wait until next week and get Stafford. You're really not giving up much to upgrade your QB. That's what I would do. Thanks for mine man!