Sign in to follow this  
Kingstowne Dealers

Yahoo Sucks! Major glitch right before MNF

Yahoo does it again! All players playing in tonite's game that were picked up as FA BEFORE kickoff tonight are not available until week 8!! :mad: :mad:

Today I dropped Brandon Jacobs for Cox when I heard he'd get the start, NOW I CAN'T EVEN PLUG HIM IN UNTIL NEXT WEEK!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Never again! Never!

Isn't that how waivers work? So that replacement players or players that go off can't be picked up game time. I'm a yahoo commish and would allow you to play Cox if you added him before the waiver period. But if you were planning on playing Jacobs (me too btw) and didn't pick up Cox, you're not allowed to plug and play during the waiver period.

It's easy to do as commish... Just go in there and move him. You can move anyone you want. you could steal all of the teams best players and put them in your lineup if you wanted to.... Just make sure you let everyone know what is going on.

It's easy to do as commish... Just go in there and move him. You can move anyone you want. you could steal all of the teams best players and put them in your lineup if you wanted to.... Just make sure you let everyone know what is going on.

I just don't want the headache of hearing the whining and moaning and conspiracy theories propounded by 1-6 teams with nothing better to do than stir up sh!t. Not over Micheal Cox. Sucks to be commish.

Isn't that how waivers work? So that replacement players or players that go off can't be picked up game time. I'm a yahoo commish and would allow you to play Cox if you added him before the waiver period. But if you were planning on playing Jacobs (me too btw) and didn't pick up Cox, you're not allowed to plug and play during the waiver period.

I read on the yahoo messageboard that this is a universal problem regardless of waiver settings. Yahoo has gone to the toilet ever since that pregnant lady took over.

Yeh they have tried fixing their "glitches" and it sucks as a commish because inevitably once or twice a year people get locked out leaving the commish to manually do it. I would text/email the commish before the game starts and make the change. Even if the change doesn't go through in the system, he can modify the resulting totals after the game.

Just saw someone in my league do this. Cut Rod Streater, added Cox and put him in for Jacobs.

Since Streater didn't play yet this week it went through.

Also yahoo league.

I read on the yahoo messageboard that this is a universal problem regardless of waiver settings. Yahoo has gone to the toilet ever since that pregnant lady took over.

This is something new this year. They somehow changed the default settings where this happens. It wasn't like this before. But, a team in my league tried this early in the year and they had the same issue.

It shouldn't be that way. As commish, I would force that if asked.

Weird I was just reading this and a guy in my league had this problem. I switched out Cox for Jacobs for him. Hasn't yahoo historically put players on waivers at the kickoff of their game? Or has it always been that all players were locked at the kickoff of the first game? I'm starting to second guess myself.

This happened to me too. Lost this week because I had Jacobs in, picked up Hillis to plug in at 8pm, only to realize he's not available to start until week 8