Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Gresham out - Eifert Era begins

This kid is going to take the job and run with it from this week forward. Add him if you can, he is TE1 material the rest of the way with Gresh out of the way.

Who cares who is "starting?"

I may start Eifert over Greg Olsen if I have two more bloody mary's before kickoff.

Don't be so sure here. Eiffert is not good at blocking and Gresham is. Eiffert will be better this week with no Gresham, but next week, back to sharing the load. Oh, and run blocking is very important too.

Don't be so sure here. Eiffert is not good at blocking and Gresham is. Eiffert will be better this week with no Gresham, but next week, back to sharing the load. Oh, and run blocking is very important too.

Thats a good point, Gresh is far superior blocker and Eifert is weak in that respect which will keep him off the field some. Very true. Still, I like his likely increased reps in the passing game and think he can sneak into TE1 range.

I have eifert or pettigrew I need to start today......what do you guys think?

Eifert today

Eifert or Fleener for today only?????

Fleener safer. I just see a big day for Eifert.

Although he apparently has a little Jonathan Martin in him; he was supposedly brought to tears during training camp when verteran players called him the "Eifert Tower" and made him do something called "the naked Frenchman beer-can dance." TIme will tell.

What kind of game is huge for him? 100+ yards? Or do you expect him to score and soak up red zone targets?

I'm not sure I see much more for him than what he's already done.

What kind of game is huge for him? 100+ yards? Or do you expect him to score and soak up red zone targets?

I'm not sure I see much more for him than what he's already done.

The latter. Look, I'm an idiot, but I like Eifert and I do think Gresham's presence has limited his opportunities. The Ravens have also not been terribly efficient against opposing TEs (ranked in the 20s I believe).

He's having a great game....

Knew I should have listened to myself and kept pettigrew in my lineup