Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The last SOA

Reminded me of an episode of Dexter. Don't get me wrong - absolutely LOVe the show.

But, there was SO much build-up, I couldn't wait for shiit to go down. But, instead, we were'treated' to yet another 7 minute montage or two. - Usually from Katy Sagal. (We get it - you sing)

I "get" that maybe there wasn't enough time to kick it all out - but the 'chase' scene with the chinks - totally worthless. Wait - you're going to shoot at the guys with a total sneak advantage - yet NOT kill anyone - then claim that you had no intention of doing so? That made no sense at all.

Next week HAS to be great.

The reason it reminded me of Dex is - damn near the whole episode could have been edited out and nothing would have been lost. I get it's hard to keep shiit going for ten seasons, but better to be tight and episode light than to be sloppy and ep heavy.

And, can Tara wear that GD wrist bandage any longer? It's been like 7 seasons.

Last: Love the Sherrif, but the dude's had 'terminal' cancer for ten seasons. I won't be alive by new years, but this focker's been carved and beat up more than anyone else and is still as spry as a teenager. Hate to see him leave, but 'terminal' is losing its meaning.

Gave up on it after last season. Had like last 6 eps on dvr for like 2 months before I finished. Sounds like I'm not missing much this year.

Didn't read the thread but just started the show...about 20 episodes in. Kind of cheesy but enough and ass, violence (some realish...other parts kind of a - teamish) to over look the soap opera. Wife kind of likes it so that's a plus...not too many shows we both like enough to watch together. I'll check back in when I catch up.