Sign in to follow this  
futurecub07

What is the worst team collapse you've seen this year?

In one of my leagues, a team started out 5-0, and was talking a lot of trash. They ended 1-7 to finish 6-7 overall and miss the playoffs. The best part? He posted a message on the league discussion board embedded with Queen's "We Are the Champions" after his fifth win. That's karma for you...

I haven't seen any dramatic crashes. In an odd year, I've seen teams starting backups and winning an awful lot. Ben Tate, Harry Douglas.... A lot of the "studs" this year have had nagging injuries or just haven't played well. This has been one of those years that makes a poor drafter believe he knew what he was doing. lol

The only drops in record I've really seen, and they haven't been dramatic, were the teams investing early picks in Aaron Rodgers. Some of them were fortunate enough to pick up McNown or play the matchups, so they aren't out of it by any means. In one of my leagues, an owner has about 65% of his team on IR. I feel bad for those guys. His starting trio of WR's was supposed to be Crabtree, Harvin and Cobb. His RB's were Trent Richardson and Arian Foster. His QB is Rodgers. It is a dynasty league, and back in April, people were wondering how anyone could beat him. He has two wins on the season. The downside is he is going to get the 1st overall rookie pick and all his players back healthy next season, outside of the washed up Richardson.

Guy in my league was smoking people with peyton and lynch early in the season and wound up 6-0. Then he got lazy and never payed attention to the waiver wire and lost 7 in a row to miss the playoffs. His team wasnt that scary with mendenhall as his rb2 and emanuel sanders as his 2nd best receiver.

As one of the above posters stated. I dominated most of the year with my Rodgers pick, also got Nelson late and Lacy damn near the end of the draft. When Rodgers went down, wasn't that big of issue, because I had Foles as a backup. The problem lies with the Nelson, Lacy have tanked the past 4 weeks, and couple that with Welker not finding the endzone the past 4 weeks has made my team just awful. I'm still 3rd seed in the playoffs, but unless Rodgers comes back this week, I don't think I'm going far in the playoffs.

I haven't seen any dramatic crashes. In an odd year, I've seen teams starting backups and winning an awful lot. Ben Tate, Harry Douglas.... A lot of the "studs" this year have had nagging injuries or just haven't played well. This has been one of those years that makes a poor drafter believe he knew what he was doing. lol

The only drops in record I've really seen, and they haven't been dramatic, were the teams investing early picks in Aaron Rodgers. Some of them were fortunate enough to pick up McNown or play the matchups, so they aren't out of it by any means. In one of my leagues, an owner has about 65% of his team on IR. I feel bad for those guys. His starting trio of WR's was supposed to be Crabtree, Harvin and Cobb. His RB's were Trent Richardson and Arian Foster. His QB is Rodgers. It is a dynasty league, and back in April, people were wondering how anyone could beat him. He has two wins on the season. The downside is he is going to get the 1st overall rookie pick and all his players back healthy next season, outside of the washed up Richardson.

That is an epicly ugly starting lineup you describe there. I felt serious fantasy sympathy pain. At least TRich is still play...! oh wait.

I was struggling with Doug Martin from the draft, since his numbers were mediocre even before his season-ending injury, but I ended up getting lucky off waivers, first with Mike James, then with Andre Brown, so loosing him really didn't hurt that much.

One of my teams that looked killer on paper didn't even crack the top 4 in overall points and I missed the playoffs

Luck, rg3, foles

mccoy, spiller, bush, a brown, vereen, joique

dthomas, garcon, shorts, cooper

graham

I didn't understand how that one panned out. I have seen good teams just get outscored by high points every week, but not a team that looked this good, and kind of was good, to somehow finish so far down in points.