Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

If Cutler doesn't beat the Packers....

I think he's done as a Bear...I wouldn't pay him the big bucks it's going to take to keep him, they have too many holes to fill. I have a feeling Trestman can't deal with it either, seeing how McCown runs his offense and then seeing Cutler not having a clue!

Not sure that McCown is necessarily the answer but Cutler isn't worth the big bucks he's going to ask for.

I'd keep McCown around & draft a QB in 2014. Let the rookie sit & learn behind the vet. Cutler isn't gonna help groom the heir apparent & it seems the other offensive players prefer McCown.

Hopefully the Bears don't rest their decision on the future of the franchise on a single game. Cutler is better than McCown but McCown seems to be a better fit for the offense. At 35, there is no guarantee that McCown will play this well next year and that a QB that is drafted will be any good. They are almost stuck doing a long term deal for Cutler with deferred money as they have salary cap issues going into next year and they desperately need help on that defense (yeeeesh!).

We shall see, I'm just glad these aren't my decisions to make! Personally, I'd rather go the McCown route, draft the QB, and repair the defense.

Cutler is looking more and more to be another Jeff George. Teams are just enamored with his rifle of an arm and give him free pass after free pass hoping he'll develop a brain too.

Cutler is looking more and more to be another Jeff George. Teams are just enamored with his rifle of an arm and give him free pass after free pass hoping he'll develop a brain too.

+1 I love this analogy

Sure...its easy to bag on Cutler...but man, that defense stinks.

Nah, Cutler suck (I'm a Packers shareholder), He's one dimensional. That being said. Also as a Titan fan who lives in Nashville, we welcome him to take over for Locker. We need his arm strength and wisdom.

Nah, Cutler suck (I'm a Packers shareholder), He's one dimensional. That being said. Also as a Titan fan who lives in Nashville, we welcome him to take over for Locker. We need his arm strength and wisdom.

I agree he has his suckiness and was not great last night. The defense is just putrid though.

Interesting...I am a packers fan living in Nashville who has just the local feeling of a rooting interest in the TItans...and yes, they should bring Cutler here.