Sign in to follow this  
activeobserver

How did I make out? Rate my team! 10 Team Standard.

Keep in mind that I took a 2 WR approach to drafting (7th).
QB:Nick Foles
RB: Andre Ellington
RB: Rashard Jennings
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant
FLEX: Chris Johnson
TE: Kyle Rudolph
K: Nick Novak
D/ST: Bears
BENCH:Andy Dalton, Emanuel Sanders, Trent Richardson, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno, Stevan Ridley

Id say you did a fine job in getting a solid lineup of guys. What I suggest you do IMMEDIATELY is take my advice from another thread and cut your kicker to pick up a sleeper or lotto ticket RB if your roster requirements allow it. Thats one extra guy that could benefit from a preseason injury possibly. You could even do that with the beard dst unless you really like them. Then cut someone right before gm 1 and pick up a kicker and dst as they are easily replaceable.

Id say you did a fine job in getting a solid lineup of guys. What I suggest you do IMMEDIATELY is take my advice from another thread and cut your kicker to pick up a sleeper or lotto ticket RB if your roster requirements allow it. Thats one extra guy that could benefit from a preseason injury possibly. You could even do that with the beard dst unless you really like them. Then cut someone right before gm 1 and pick up a kicker and dst as they are easily replaceable.

I don't think our settings allow that, and I'll be streaming DST so I might just drop my DST and try your method. Who should I pick up?

Solid overall draft, love the Dez & Calvin combo. Not sold on Jennings as a solid RB2 but one of the guys on your bench...Trich, RayR, Ridley might outperform their ADP. if anyone would bite I may package two of those RBs for a slight upgrade over Jennings...

Solid overall draft, love the Dez & Calvin combo. Not sold on Jennings as a solid RB2 but one of the guys on your bench...Trich, RayR, Ridley might outperform their ADP. if anyone would bite I may package two of those RBs for a slight upgrade over Jennings...

Im pretty high on Jennings, he performed on a pretty bad Raiders team.

I don't think our settings allow that, and I'll be streaming DST so I might just drop my DST and try your method. Who should I pick up?

Anyone that would be a high draft pick if their starter went down. Think knile davis, dunbar etc.

Ehh. Prefer a wr/rb start but not bad

The RBs outside the top 6 are all unproven and not worth the risk. Id rather have Dez than bell, ball, and gio.

i'd rather have Gio or Murray. unless youre saying Murray was gone.

you have to look past just those picks though and consider that WR is the far deeper position. That is one of the reasons why I would much rather grab 1 RB with my first 2 picks. Its way more valuable to have Gio instead of unproven Ellington than it is to have Dez over.... Roddy White, imo. But if you're in love with Ellington, I can understand

i'd rather have Gio or Murray. unless youre saying Murray was gone.

you have to look past just those picks though and consider that WR is the far deeper position. That is one of the reasons why I would much rather grab 1 RB with my first 2 picks. Its way more valuable to have Gio instead of unproven Ellington than it is to have Dez over.... Roddy White, imo. But if you're in love with Ellington, I can understand

Whats the difference between Gio and Ellington? They both produced when they played last season. Murray was off the board and honestly Id rather have Dez than him. Dez is on a contract year and is going to be an absolute beast. I drafted RBs early last fantasy year and got burned by it. If its not AP, Lynch, Charles, McCoy or Forte I dont want it in the first two rounds.

Whats the difference between Gio and Ellington? They both produced when they played last season. Murray was off the board and honestly Id rather have Dez than him. Dez is on a contract year and is going to be an absolute beast. I drafted RBs early last fantasy year and got burned by it. If its not AP, Lynch, Charles, McCoy or Forte I dont want it in the first two rounds.

If you're fine with your team and think you made all the right decisions then why are you asking how you did?

Sorry if you're only looking g for validation. Could have done better

If you're fine with your team and think you made all the right decisions then why are you asking how you did?

Sorry if you're only looking g for validation. Could have done better

Realistically I wanted advice, but I guess you're assuming I want validation. I'm telling you that what you're saying has no basis, Why is Gio so far ahead of Ellington? Please explain.

Realistically I wanted advice, but I guess you're assuming I want validation. I'm telling you that what you're saying has no basis, Why is Gio so far ahead of Ellington? Please explain.

nowhere did you ask for advice. You ask "How did I make out?" and you say "Rate my team". So I told you how I thought you made out. As did others. You don't have to agree but you also don't need to argue others opinions. You were clearly just looking for validation. It's ok. thats why a lot of people are here.

I value Gio higher than Ellington because I don't personally trust Ellington to repeat the success he had last year over a full season of increased carries going up against the NFC West... Gio Bernard had 226 touches last year and moves to a more run friendly coordinator. Ellington had 158 touches last year. We've seen a significantly bigger sample size from Gio.

The rest of my explanation was valid. WR is a far deeper position this year. I have no issues taking a WR in the first round, but i'm going to pair them with a RB when I can get a top 15 WR in round 3. just my opinion

nowhere did you ask for advice. You ask "How did I make out?" and you say "Rate my team". So I told you how I thought you made out. As did others. You don't have to agree but you also don't need to argue others opinions. You were clearly just looking for validation. It's ok. thats why a lot of people are here.

I value Gio higher than Ellington because I don't personally trust Ellington to repeat the success he had last year over a full season of increased carries going up against the NFC West... Gio Bernard had 226 touches last year and moves to a more run friendly coordinator. Ellington had 158 touches last year. We've seen a significantly bigger sample size from Gio.

The rest of my explanation was valid. WR is a far deeper position this year. I have no issues taking a WR in the first round, but i'm going to pair them with a RB when I can get a top 15 WR in round 3. just my opinion

The funny thing is usually when people reply to these threads they give advice, hence why people ask people to rate their teams. Tanatastic offered up advice and I actually took it up. Clearly Gio Benard is not a better draft pick than Dez. I'm not going to take Gio with the 14th pick, that's overkill. Ellington's big play potential is crazy, I'll take the risk. At least I can rest knowing I have two top 5 receivers. If you don't have any useful advice be gone.

LOL. He said you did a good job and suggested you drop your kicker and dst. Big advice right there.

Sorry but you're simply looking for people to tell you how good you did.

What advice do you want for a team you already drafted? Ok... I advise you to trade Dez and Ellington for Bernard and Roddy white. I'm guessing you'll tell me why that's bad advice :D

Definitely my last post in this thread. You ask for opinions and you get them....