Sign in to follow this  
twofewbraincell

Asiata or Sankey ROS

I have to drop one of these RB's for a bye week TE. Seems like Asiata has more value at this moment but Sankey's role should grow. What do you guys think?

Sankey's role "should" have been expanded since week 1 but nothing's doing. He had the 10 carries against CIN, then there was all this talk out of Titans practice about how Sankey would be getting more involved in the offense. Then in the next 2 games Greene gets 3 Sankey gets 6 against IND then Greene gets 11 to Sankey's 8 against CLE.

For all the talk and expectation of Sankey taking over this job, its just not happening.

Meanwhile, Asiata has been getting 15-20 touches every week.

I think Asiata is safer if you NEED this RB spot to start, but if you can wait 2 or 3 more weeks to see if Sankey does get anything going, perhaps you gamble that TEN finally wakes up and sees Greene is not the future and they might as well see what they have in Sankey getting a full workload.

I used to have Sankey and dropped him. I still have Asiata. So that's how I lean. Alternatively, if there aren't any good TE options on the waiver wire, you might consider just getting a zero for that spot this week and keeping both. Often times a mediocre tight end will only net you 2-3 points.

Look at this way... who is more likely to get picked up Asiata for sure... so drop Sankey. For whavever reason Ten is capping his carries to barely 10 if that.

If he gets a role Sankey is an interesting 4RB but right now Asiata is the man... get your bye TE and if Greene injury occurs jump on Sankey. I have a good feeling if he gets 15+ carries but looks like a 2-3 week scenario. They like the 2RB system it happened to Ellington last yr annoyed the hell out of me...

If your signature is your team don't you already have Dwayne Allen? I roll with him an plug in a bench guy at flex or Tate or Wallace should be good plays there.