Sign in to follow this  
annebradsmith

Player is eligible at multiple positions

We play on Yahoo and every year Yahoo tags some players as having eligibility at multiple positions. This year there are a number of players with DL/LB eligibility (Jared Allen, Demarcus Ware, several others). FFToday player rankings show these players as LBs only. Based on projections these players are generally weak LBs but second-Tier DLs. It would be great if Draft Buddy would rank these players among the LBs and the DLs. Does Draft Buddy support a league specific customization like this?

Hi. No, Draft Buddy does not support this. I'd have to think about how we might be able to trick Buddy into doing it. What are your starting lineup requirements for IDP?

2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB. Since they have more value as a DL, it might just be easiest to reclassify them as DL instead of LB.

But I think that you should consider a more general solution in the future as this happens every year. Even this year there are RB/WRs (Dexter McCluster, De'Anthony Thomas) and QB/WRs (Terrelle Pryor) in Yahoo. Those players just don't have any value to me this time. A few years ago, Chris Cooley had value as RB/TE..

Interesting enough the baseball version of Draft Buddy does this because it is a lot more prevalent in fantasy baseball that a player is eligible for multiple positions. But the way that works there is completely different than the way the football version functions, and not really an option. Here is what I would suggest for this:

1. Find a player on the LB tab who is eligible for DL. Highlight his name, team, bye week and copy (CTRL-C).

2. Go to the DL tab, scroll to the bottom and find one of the "Add Player" lines and paste him there.

3. Now return to the LB tab, scroll across for that player and highlight and copy only the yellow section with the FF Today projections for that player.

4. Paste those projections on the DL tab in the same spot ... no, check that... under the Site B section and so they line up with your new player added to the DL tab.

5. Repeat for all other players. How many are there?

6. Now, since the projections on the DL tab are in the Site B section, we need to change the default allocation key to 100% Site B just for those players. See the two "+" signs at the top of the tab? Click the first one and a yellow highlighted column will appear. In that we want to put a new default key number for each of the new players. Use the one that gives 100% Site B as shown on your options tab.

7. Hit Compile Cheatsheets. Players should be in both lists with exact same name (so if you draft one I think it will grey out both) and the two position players should be ranked higher in the DL list.

Let us know how that goes, or if you need clarification of anything.