Sign in to follow this  
ianmidd

Rate my team please!

7/10 for full team

8/10 for starters

I don't understand your Grimes, Hurns or Mariota picks. In a 12-team league there are better flyers to take, especially since Grimes is 3rd on the depth chart and Foster could be back week 2-4.

Pretty good as far as starters though. I'm not a fan of Bennett or Allen for that matter. I'd rather have Eifert or Ruldoph over both of them. I love Cooks this year and think you'll get a ton of catches from him, Antonio and Steve Smith Sr., so great job on your WRs.

Please help with mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=447362&do=findComment&comment=5529534

7/10 for full team

8/10 for starters

I don't understand your Grimes, Hurns or Mariota picks. In a 12-team league there are better flyers to take, especially since Grimes is 3rd on the depth chart and Foster could be back week 2-4.

Pretty good as far as starters though. I'm not a fan of Bennett or Allen for that matter. I'd rather have Eifert or Ruldoph over both of them. I love Cooks this year and think you'll get a ton of catches from him, Antonio and Steve Smith Sr., so great job on your WRs.

Please help with mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=447362&do=findComment&comment=5529534

7/10 for full team

8/10 for starters

Please help with mine

Thanks for the feedback.

A little explination on the late picks.

Mariota - We had a couple autodrafters and for some reason the FleaFlicker pick logic is heavily tilted towards QB's. Some teams had 2-3 QB's by the later rounds. I took Mariota in the 14th to have in my back pocket in case there was nothing on the WW for my bye week fill in. Plus, he's a bit of an unknown and there is a change (albeit small) that he has some upside playing for Whis.

Grimes - I had to leave the draft after the 14th pick. I had set up a queue before then, but it was empty by the time the 16th pick came up, so Grimes was autodrafted for me. I'll probaby drop him after week 1 when someone else on the WW shows some potential.

Hurns - This was a gut pick based on watching the JAC/DET preseason game last week. He and Bortles seemed to be clicking against a pretty good Lions starting secondary

Bennett - I had Kelce targeted for my TE but he was taken the pick directly before me, Bennett was next on my boad. Allen was a post-draft WW pickup when I woke up this morning to be a bye fill in if I need him. I've owned Rudolph in the past and was never impressed, so I was a bit biased against him going into the draft.

In most of my mocks I was landing on Brown at #5, so i wasn't surprised when it happed. Hill was usually there in round 2, so no surprises. Hyde is a bit of an unknown for me, but every resource I had showed good value in the 3rd 4th for him. Cooks was high on my list, with Graham gone.he's the undiniable #1 with Brees chucking it to him. Tate (5th) and Stafford (10th) have looked awesome this preseason, and they both fell to me where I was comfortable to take them. J. Bell could be criminally undervalued if he recovers well from his offseason surgery and pressure to perform with Ameer nipping at his heels. Got him at 7.5. Vereen should get lots of opportunity with Jennings looking uninspiring.

What round did you draft Cooks , just interested to see how he is being valued ?

This team is pretty solid all around, at least for your starters.

Stafford should have a decent year with Megatron getting healthier (Matt is my backup as well).

Hill should give you solid production. I hope Hyde can replicate Gore's numbers in SF, being as he's younger...we'll see. Your backup RB are meh. I have Hyde as well!

WR are very good, you've got solid depth there.

Buffalo is a top 5 defense this year (and one of the bright spots for the team).

Overall you did pretty good. I don't think you'll be blowing up each week, but you should put up respectable numbers and compete I would hope. As always look to upgrade RB depth either by WW or trade (easier said than done I know).

Rate mine please: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=447347

thanks for having a look at mine earlier.

QB: Stafford, Mariota - A healthy Calvin is a qb-saver some weeks, but i wouldn't want to start either of these guys if i didn't have to. Look to upgrade or stream if stafford really struggles. He could shine but that's a risky bet consistency-wise.

RB: J.Hill, Hyde, J.Bell, Vereen, Grimes - love Hill, think you'll be waffling on Hyde and Joique for the RB2/flex as the season goes along.

WR: A. Brown, Cooks, Tate, Smith Sr., Hurns - great for you that Brown fell to 5th in this setup, and Cooks will light it up. Tate and possibly Steve Smith will be part of that flex decision headache all year. At the end of the day, you get to cheer on AB and Cooks, two of the most 'fun to watch' players out there this year. i'd be excited about this.

TE: Bennett, D. Allen - could be worse. Bennett will see plenty of targets.

Like most teams in 12+ ppr leagues, RB is a little weak but that is mitigated because most everyone deals with it. I'd be more concerned you don't really have a clear-cut standout flex, which is really important imo.

I'd say this looks like a classic "make the playoffs and lose first round" middle-of-the-road squads. Great in-season mgmt could push you over that 'mediocre' label. remember you just gotta make the playoffs, and anything can happen.