hman1962

Auction League Drafting

Hello Mike,

I have been using this program for a few years now. I would like to know what you think would be the best way to input the draft results during the draft. Basically who won the player, and how much was paid for that player... it seems like i start to fall behind, and then i get frustrated and quit using the program. Usually the draft is slow enough for me to keep up, but every once in a while it speeds up.. then I'm in trouble

Thanks,

Howie

Hi Howie. I know, it can be tough to keep up at times. Remember if the nominating team gets the player then you don't have to fill in the winning bidder team. Buddy assumes that is the winning bidder team unless otherwise selected.

Also, late in the draft, when most players for $1, you can insert a 1 in a bunch of those winning bid amount cells all at once (even in advance).

Did you know CTRL-X drafts or nominates a player? CTRL-Z undoes a pick. Or I have that backwards, but either way you might find using those shortcut keys faster than the Nominate Player button.

I'll be honest, late in an auction I might abandon Buddy too, to a degree. My auction leagues are online on ESPN, so a lot to keep track of between Buddy and watching the ESPN site. In the late stages, when I only have a half dozen roster spots left and not much money, I'll make a short list of players I want. I might even type them on the auction report tab to the right of the big table.

Then I won't track the rest of the auction, but just make sure someone doesn't take someone off my short list. If they do add someone else.

Those are some of my tips for auction drafts. Does that help? What have you got?

Hello Again Mike,

I am reviving this old thread. My Auction league is run through MFL. I want to verify that if I use the Refresh Live Auction Results button, that DB will import winning team information, and dollar amount paid. Will it also import the nominating team? ( I assume so as long as I have the order set up correctly) This will be the first year that I am attempting to use this feature. I am not sure why I haven't been using this feature in the past...  but better late than never I guess. If everything works like I am asking, this will make it easier to stay up to speed with the live draft. 

Besides putting in the correct MFL league number, are there any other tips or things I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Howie

Hi Howie. Sorry we missed this earlier. I'm supposed to get email updates when people post on the forum! Did you already have your auction? What is the league site? I haven't used the auction sync in some time and so few people do, it is hard to test. I'd like to check out your league, but yes, I believe everything you are asking does pull in the team and winning bid value.

Thank you for your reply! The draft is coming up on 9/2/2023. www46.myfantasyleague.com/2023/home/70930#0

The league is myfantasyleague.com (MFL)

Howie

Howie! I checked your league. I love the rule about resetting all keepers if a team wins back-to-back championships and had a keeper finish Top 2 at their position. I picture guys with bad keepers cheering for a potential back-to-back winner, and guys with good keepers cheering against. lol

Okay, I started getting Draft Buddy set up for your league to test it out. Problem: your auction is not set yet. We might not be able to test very well anyway with no results. However, I found another league from another customer that uses the auction sync with MFL. Here are the pages that Draft Buddy imports for them, including keepers:

https://www.draftbuddy.com/football/3rdparty/mfl/keepers.php?MFL=42618&o=1

https://www.draftbuddy.com/football/3rdparty/mfl/auction_results.php?MFL=42618&o=1 (auction results - players, and it does include the winning bidder teams)

https://www.draftbuddy.com/football/3rdparty/mfl/auction_results.php?MFL=42618&o=1&v=2 (auction results - winning bids)

So based on this I feel good it will work for your auction. Make sure your rules are set up properly, Compile Cheatsheets. Set the owners (you can also pull that with the sync by using the link on the sync tab) but make sure to put them in the right nomination order. Check your auction report tab that it is correct order and long enough. Then the sync should work once the keepers are input and auction is set up.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Mike, 

Thank you for checking into this. I feel good that it will work as planned. I've been checking every day to see if the auction is set, and the nominating order is set. As soon as it is, i will set the order accordingly. I will let you know if I have any issues and will let you know how it worked!

I like this league! It's a great group of guys.

Howie