Sign in to follow this  
j0ker

Blount for Palmer? WHIR

Guy is desperate for a running back with Ivory most likely out. Nothing on our waiver. I have Blount on the bench and he seems to think he blows up this week. So much so he wants to give me Palmer for him (He has Luck so Palmer is his best trade bait). I have Ryan so I don't really need Palmer, but what I'm confused about is the love for Blount this week. Bunch of others saying I wouldn't get rid of Blount....Lewis might not see the ball again, with Belichick who knows Blount could put two in this week. So do I keep him? I can certainly afford to trade him I just don't want to throw away points on a high powered Pats offense if he returns to form. Also pick 3rb's out of 7 please Thanks and leave a link

Starting as of now

Ingram

Gore

Yeldon -Flex

Bench

Woodhead

David Johnson

Vereen

Blount :dunno:

Blount might be the guy... or he might not. Bellicheats is notorious for changing his RB week in and out.. he doesn't want a lead back (IMO).. the only leader he'll tolerate on the team is Brady. That's the risk/reward with Blount... both are high. Remember Jonas Gray.. one week wonder who never saw daylight again and was later cut. There's a pretty good list of RB's like that in NE.

So--starting Blount this week.. he MIGHT get the workload and have a big day... he might get 2 carries for 7 yards. I wouldn't risk starting him personally until he's in a groove. and even then he might disappear.

Who is your backup QB? You don't need Palmer but you also don't need Blount... if your backup QB is the suck having Palmer as backup might be worth it (if Ryan goes down you don't miss a beat with Palmer).

GL

Mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=448772

NE rbs have always put good ff points if they can catch out of the backfield and if they get their number called on. I don't see blount doing too much damage and when he does get the chance it's hard to even guess when! Take the bait then if you need to use palmer as trade bait with someone else you can.

Last note is if you don't need the trade then don't do it. I see a lot of guys make trades that don't really help or hurt them.

• Like 1

NE rbs have always put good ff points if they can catch out of the backfield and if they get their number called on. I don't see blount doing too much damage and when he does get the chance it's hard to even guess when! Take the bait then if you need to use palmer as trade bait with someone else you can.

Last note is if you don't need the trade then don't do it. I see a lot of guys make trades that don't really help or hurt them.

Put woodhead in

I would replace Yeldon with Woodhead as well. Personally, I think the trade would be good for you, just because the Pats' run offense is so inconsistent in fantasy, and because Palmer is damn good when healthy. It seems like the Falcons always fall apart when they face good defenses. Good luck!

Here's mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=448703