Sign in to follow this  
sdmac

Who wins this trade?

4 keeper league - 12 tm .5 ppr, 100/300 yd bonuses. 1QB / 2RB / 3WR / 1TE / 2 Flex / 1 DST

Team 1:

QB: Ryan, Bortles

RB: DMC, Hyde, Sankey, Knile

WR: Landry, Alshon, Moncrief, Tavon, L Fitz, M Evans, K Wright, Baldwin

TE: V Davis, J Thomas

D: Jets

Team 2:

QB: Palmer, Luck

RB: Miller, C West, Latavius, R Mathews, J Hill, Bradshaw

WR: Demaryius, Calvin, J Brown, Diggs, Snead, Ginn, Inman

TE: Eifert, Ebron

D: Broncos

TRADE:

Team 1 gets: Luck, Hill, Mathews

Team 2 gets: Alshon, Knile, Bortles

Bortles is the only viable keeper involved due to round drafted/keeper rules but not likely kept anyway.

who comes out on top here?

Team 1 doesn't really need Luck as much as they need a true starting rb (Hill.and Mathews are not that right now). If they are going to trade Alshon, take out the qb's and trade for the bigger need. In terms of value, I think team 2 wins. Luck isn't Luck this year so team 1 isn't getting enough to improve their team other than mediocre depth and they are giving up a stud wr.

Thanks for the input!

This trade was actually accepted this afternoon. The league has been pretty trade-adverse over the years, maybe 2-3 per season if any at all. I'm actually the Team 2 owner. Team 1 had Jamaal Charles, and has been on a downward slide since his injury.

He initially told me he didn't want Luck, but i rebutted that Luck is only 12 points behind Ryan in 2 fewer games so that must have struck a chord.

In my view I basically upgraded my starting roster by inserting Alshon for Hill at the cost of, as you said, mediocre RB depth. Now I just have to reverse course on the "Hill will be a beast down the stretch" i've been telling myself since I kept him in the 4th round.

Nice.. I've been trying to get Alshon too...Kelce, James Jones,Rams D and CJ was not enough to a streaming TE, D team...

was just the perfect storm of injuries, consecutive losses, and roster needs that the other owner was in a desperate situation for me. i'm surprised he let alshon go honestly. I'd asked for Landry in a similar package minus Hill.

I've been trying to get Martavis since week 1 but his owner knows better. He'd be my 'value' pick for best chance to explode ROS that shouldn't necessarily cost an arm and a leg. I know that's not going out on a limb but maybe another target for you to consider. I think you could package some of those players and snag him.