Sign in to follow this  
chroniciguana

Waiver wire protocol question

Long story, but am still adapting to a more conventional and rational waiver wire system. Have the No. 3 priority, and am targeting Player A who I might or might not get. I am also contemplating submitting a backup grab for Player B in the event Player A goes elsewhere. Presuming both are still standing when my priority rolls around, how does the system know to give me my first choice (Player A) over Player B, my second choice? There's no apparent way to indicate a preference. Does the first selection take precedence? Or the most recent selection? If it matters, this is a work league hosted by NFL.com.

Rotational waivers are teh suck. Blind bid waivers FTW.

When you put in your selections the top (or first) selection entered should be the first and any others should be 2nd/3rd, etc.

I don't play on NFL dot com, but I do have an ESPN league and a Yahoo league that rolls the same way.

There should be a way to indicate a preference. Not knowing which system, Yahoo lists claims as Waiver 1, Waiver 2, and so on. You can reorder these as you like. The system looks to your first option first and so on. Similarly, ESPN list claims as Waiver Priority 1 and so on. And the same for NFL.

So, not really sure how you aren't seeing a priority system of some form.

On second read, I see you said NFL.com. Like I said, you enter in your claims and you can order them. The system shows and allows that. They show as Pending Waiver Claims. Top of the list if first priority on down. You can click on Edit Waivers and see the priorities and adjust as desired.